• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyway to help speed up a molt?

theres nothing you can do just comb him as often as he will let you and dampen hands then run them up and down his coat will help to get read of lose hairs

cazza269 said:
Coby seems to have been molting forever, anything I can do?

My rabbit is the same 'model' as yours and I know what you mean - it is absolutely ridiculous at the moment. I have filled carrier bags full of fur from him moulting. It is never ending. At present he looks as if he has a different rabbit's rear end as he has long fur here and short hair everwhere else......I'd be grateful for a solution too!

cazza269 said:
whats kittimalt?

kittymalt is a preparation you can get from pet shops (its for cats) that prevents hair balls. my vet says it doesnt work and is just a money spinner and hay does the job better!

you could try sunflower seeds the white ones but doesnt use to many as they hake there blood warmer and in this waether thats no good!

eve x

Some of the breeders use a particular preparation but I can't remember what it is. I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

Herbert said:
bunnyhuggger said:
Some of the breeders use a particular preparation but I can't remember what it is. I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

I get my Kittymalt from http://www.bunnymail.co.uk (Animal Healthcare section). It's great stuff to use during a moult.

I wasn't meaning kittymalt, kittymalt is to help the gut pass any hair through. I was meaning a preparation that helps to speed up the moulting process :wink:

Back