• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is Disgusting...Be Warned.

Krinnie

Young Bun
HRS (Local amazing rabbit group who even brought my hutch buns indoors years ago...should have seen the look they gave me when I told them at a convention.)

has reports of animal abuse cases and lots of other rabbit info;

But I wanted to share for those of you who hadn't heard about Lucky...

She was taped to dynamite and thrown out in a lake; the city was somewhere around Hayward which is less then an hour from my own town. Luckfully it didn't detonate - poor poor bunster, the "owner" retrieved her from the water and him and a group of others took pictures of her in this state and posted them on the internet where visitors to the site immediately took alert- She lives happily with two other bunnies right now; but the whole thing is crushing; I found out about it a few nights ago and was just it total disgust, never wanted to cuddle a bunny more.

http://rabbit.org/rabbit-center/lucky_rescue.html

Her story as well as news sources are posted - I went through them and was disgusted to find that the "owner" that did this to her wants to study Biology at UC Santa Barbara (a wee bit south) ...that's a BAD mix.

Another abuse case happened in Richmond (near Oakland if you've heard of this area...not a pleasant one)

This is just beyond explaining...so I'll leave the clicking the link up to you.

http://www.rabbit.org/rabbit-center/hayward_rabbits.html

On a less devastating note I just realised it was a .org site so I'm sure they span far out the US. None the less an amazing organization.

I agree, we live in a very sick world :( How anyone could do any of those is beyond me :( Luckily there are organisations around that help bunnys find loving new homes, but it really doesn't bear thinking about all the cases that go on that we never hear about :(

I chose not to read the links in your post ... what you mentioned was enough.

I cannot believe the cruelty that people get up to ... this person needs locking away with the key chucked into a big deep river.

Chinakit

OMG, thats so sad. Where is Hayward?
We do live in a sick world, someone has to be really messed up in the head, and I mean really messed up, to think that treating a rabbit (or any other animal) like that is funny, and something that is acceptable. It really isn't! Even with all of the people in our world, like us, who love animals, cant stop this kind of thing from happening, and that makes me so sad. Poor bun.

xxx

It's especially depressing to me that the guys didn't get more of a punishment; my Dad said they were finally cracking down but for me it just isn't enough. The woman was probably an animal collector- poor souls.

I believe there was a quote...here.

"Sigmon told The Chronicle shortly after the incident that he fished Lucky out of the water because he didn't want her to drown. Asked why the group decided to tape the firecracker to the animal, Sigmon replied, "Um, that's a real tough question to answer.'"

Hayward BTW is East of San Francisco in California (U.S.)
about an hour from my own hometown. It's a bit confusing because between several articles on lucky it lists cities Richmond, Hayward, and San Leandro (none of the best nicest...)

On animal planet they have a show called Animal Rescue I believe...one of the placements is in San Franciso. Local SPCA reports and rescues to whichever city you're watching, I believe there's 5 of them spanned out across the US. Have a lot of problems with abuse in the Oakland/Richmond area- especially Pitbull fighting ect. Which brings me to the point that because of the way people are raising the dogs (been a lot of cases of people being mauled) there's a bill suggesting making it illegal to own Pitbulls (in which case animal control may seize a pitbull of any temperment)

but that's slipping away from lagamorph welfare.

Eitherway- yeah it's sick

:cry:

Sorry to have added bad knowledge to anyone's day.

Krinnie said:
Have a lot of problems with abuse in the Oakland/Richmond area- especially Pitbull fighting ect. Which brings me to the point that because of the way people are raising the dogs (been a lot of cases of people being mauled) there's a bill suggesting making it illegal to own Pitbulls (in which case animal control may seize a pitbull of any temperment)

but that's slipping away from lagamorph welfare.

Very sorry to stay OT, but I will be very brief ... here in the UK it is illegal to breed or advertise for sale a pit bull, and they have to be muzzled when out in public. The law also includes dogs 'of pit bull type' whatever they may be!
Chinakit

cruelty

Hi krinnie :) :) :) I remember the case of the hawards rabbits & signed the online petition to get this woman prosecuted :cry: :cry: :cry: did that ever happen or did she get off the charges :evil: :evil: :evil: the pictures published at the time of rescue were horrendous :cry: :cry: :cry: I still think of those poor bunnies but I think they have been re-homeD now or at least those that were still ALIVE :cry: :cry: :cry: IT REALLY IS A SICK OLD WORLD OUT THERE :x :x :x :x

Re: cruelty

rabshan said:
Hi krinnie :) :) :) I remember the case of the hawards rabbits & signed the online petition to get this woman prosecuted :cry: :cry: :cry: did that ever happen or did she get off the charges :evil: :evil: :evil: the pictures published at the time of rescue were horrendous :cry: :cry: :cry: I still think of those poor bunnies but I think they have been re-homeD now or at least those that were still ALIVE :cry: :cry: :cry: IT REALLY IS A SICK OLD WORLD OUT THERE :x :x :x :x

"On Friday, May 20, convicted animal abuser Janine Marie Cazares received three years probation and sixteen days jail time for charges resulting from this cruelty."

I wish they'd do more for cases like this.

chinakit said:
Very sorry to stay OT, but I will be very brief ... here in the UK it is illegal to breed or advertise for sale a pit bull, and they have to be muzzled when out in public. The law also includes dogs 'of pit bull type' whatever they may be!
Chinakit

That's too bad, they're really like any other dog (in my opinion) and the harmless ones that are neutered and spayed (so there's no agression) that are raised well get glares and get yelled at...It's too bad people have to abuse them, and the other look down in fear at them. Our first mauling case was two pitts (undoubtedly raised to be vicious) the male was put down right away and the female set in a tiny concealed cage for a year till they put her out. -Anyhow, ending that..really, now. Just out of curiousity are any other breeds under the same restrictions in the UK?

:cry: :cry: :cry: What did little Lucky do to deserve that. I will never understand some humans.. It's makes me so sad hearing about these sorts of things.. But I had a ter of joy in my eye when i saw her in her new foster home with her new friends

She looked very happy in her new home and getting the love and care she deserves. As punishment they should do the same thing to him but make sure the explosive went off this time :evil:

I couldn,t read the post in detail either but I want to say that I and everyone here i,m sure will agree have no tolerance whatsoever for animal cruelty , I,d string the f****** up and shoot them . I cannot stand animal cruelty , animal testing , fur , dog fighting , bull fighting etc . It makes my blood boil . :evil:

I couldn't look either but just the very thought makes my blood boil...I just cannot understand it at all but so glad that it was a happy outcome for the bun

Back