• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP needed

ryanh72

Mama Doe
as you all know my rabbit had babies and yesterday she moved all of her wood shavings into the nest and moved the babies near the door. is it normal to move the babies around and another thing 2 of the babies had dried stuff on there noses as if they had been running and the one that died last week had the same kind of stuff on its nose and im worried if theres something wrong with theses two. ive moved them back into the corner were they were so they can get warm again. so please could you help me with my questions
thank you

Hi, I'd leave mum to it, usually when its hot they uncover their babies, and when its cold they pluck more fur - they seem to know better than us.
The stuff on the nose will just be dried milk and very common, no need to worry. I wouldnt move the nest back you will undoubtedly stress mum.
HTH

All of my kits had dried milk on thier faces and all of them are still doing well to this day! They are almost a year old now too! I hvae heard of mummies moving their kits when the wheter changes. the babies keep eachother warm pretty good too. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Best Wishes!

so its nothing to worry about well there all doing fine and when i look in the hutch there always up wiv there ears up and having a look around then they go back to sleep when theyve had a nosey lol

Awwww Ryan they sound fine and seems like they are doing well 'good on you' it proves how much you care.
Kay

they sure are doing fine theres a big fatty aswell its head and body are alot bigger than the others lol kay is it still ok to bring the babies to you to sex when there old enough ill have a go myself but its best to get a second oppinion.

Hi Ryanh, not a problem, if it is better for you I will come down to you just give me a shout whenever for anything.
Kay

Back