• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Run

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

as most of you will see from my post I want to get a run for my rabbit to leave him in all day when im at work, I have one at the mo but its quite small and flimsy. I want a relatively big one (not too big tho) for my dwarf lop with a shelter. I have seen a nice one that folds up but its £74.00 - anyone seen anything nicer??

Thanks

Are you any good at DIY? You can make one quite cheaply by using wooden frames and wire netting. Aspen'n'COmpany and Charliesangel have just completed theirs. We made ours that way too. OUrs is probably a little too big, but the good thing about making your own is that you can make it tosuit your bunny.

If you take your time, DIY isn't bad at all! Our runs turned out great and we didn't even make a floor plan. We just cut the wood and started construction. Building 2 runs took us roughly 10 hours, but the first one took way longer.

Good luck!

hi

If you're making a run and there's any danger of a dog or fox getting in your garden then make sure you use proper cage mesh, not chicken wire (the hexagonal type mesh) - It's not strong enough...I'll never forget getting home from a day out when I was 8yrs old, to find a dog with my limp little guinea pig in it's mouth - my stupid mum made the run with PLASTIC mesh! :?

Back