• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

fruit

I have never heard of a bun eating nectarine. I don't believe it is on the safe food list though. I have always been told "if in doubt, leave it out!"

Sounds way too sugary; not to mention full of vitamin c- which isn't good for bunnies if there's too much. I always thought nanners would be to sugary though- and evidently it's a tasty fruit alternative for a lot of people's buns.

they don't eat it. I try it once for my 2nd rabbit. it's a fruit that a wild may have been able to get to in the wild, in the farm. But in the end, it's not their favorite.

My bunnies adore nectarine as a treat and it is perfectly safe for them just not that healthy cos of all the sugar! :lol:

One of my buns has got the nickname of the nectarine thief cos she nicks them out of the fruit bowl which is on the dining table!

Lanny said:
One of my buns has got the nickname of the nectarine thief cos she nicks them out of the fruit bowl which is on the dining table!

A whole one? :shock: That can't be good.

Happy Hopping said:
but how can their teeth pick up a whole one?

:lol: Quite easily, Snowball has been known to drag a whole banana out of the fruit bowl in the past :roll: and you should see Mojo with a melon :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Melon, now that would be a very funny thing to see LOL

If a bunny is determined to get something a silly little thing like it being too heavy will not stand in their way! They are very strong on the sly :lol:

Back