• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice please babie's problem with mum

cwozza

New Kit
HI, I HAVE 2 RABBITS WHICH MY NAN WAS LOOKING AFTER WHILE I WAS ON HOLS, I HAVE JUST ARRIVED BACK TO FIND THAT 1 HAS HAD BABIES(9 I THINK). THE RABBITS(MUM AND BABIES) ARE STILL AT MY NANS, BUT SHE HAS JUST BEEN TAKEN TO HOSPITAL. THE BABIES ARE 3 DAYS OLD. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN I CAN MOVE THEM BACK TO MY HOUSE, I LEAVE ABOUT 30 MINS FROM MY NAN AND CAN NOT BE THERE ALL THE TIME TO CHECK ON THEM, HELP PLEASE ( SO MUCH FOR BUYING 2 GIRLS)LOL

Awww, congratulations on the litter! That happened to me, I thought I had two girls, and then a while later I had a boy, a girl, and 6 kits!
:shock: :lol: !!

As for moving them, I personally wouldn't until they are up and start forming into "real" little bunnies! Usually that stage is around 3-4 weeks, so you have a while to wait. If it is impossible to keep making that drive everyday, I suppose you can do 2 weeks at the least.

They will need checking on daily though to make sure they are healthy and getting milk. Also, they mum will need to be looked after to make sure she is still healthy after the birth. Hopes this helps :D

P.S- when you reply can you try not to write in capital letters, it is very hard to read, and looks like you are shouting :shock: ! Thanks! :D

:D hi, sorry about caps, they are all doing well i will leave them up there for now and see how they go, mum is a star with them and she does't seem to mind when i check them.they are just getting there markings on their bodies (so cute) will keep you up to date and post some pics soon, thankyou

Make sure you give the mum lots of extra food as she will be very hungry.
Spring greens are good for milk production (but be careful if she's not used to veg, as you don't want to upset her tummy).

If you get the dad bunny neutered now he will be ready to go back in with your doe when the babies have left.

Best of luck to you!

advice asap pleaaaaase

babies are all fine still,i'm a bit worried about mum, one of her teats has a lump under it i think it's milk is this normal? advice please

Back