• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hotel whilst we're on holiday

Bunny Lover

Young Bun
Hi, I'm going away for three days in September and have been looking for a bunny hotel to look after my two buns whilst away. As they're house bunnies, I'd like them to stay indoors and not be in a hutch all day. I found a lovely place called Doe Dropin in Camberley but unfortunately they don't have any room :(
Does anyone know of any good places where they take their bunnies when away? I would be looking for anywhere in the south east area, preferably in surrey, kent or sussex.
Thank you!

My buns stayed at Doe Drop Inn a few weekends ago, Claire is lovely and my bunnies were pampered, I've highly recommend her for another time. But I was thinking that maybe she could recommend somewhere I know she knows at least two others in that area.

Thanks. Have looked at the RWA and on this site and have the numbers of a couple of places. Now just hope they have room!

I'll give Claire a ring at Doe Dropin and see if she knows of any others in her area.

there should be people who drive by to your house and feed the rabbit, change the litter box 2 times a day for approx. $12 / visit.

That way, you don't have to drop off your bunnies in a strange environment.

Their diet drops once they move to an unknown environment. To make matter worse, if there are some annoying dog making barking noise all day in that hotel, it can frighten your bunnies and cause them in stress.

Just lock or hide away your valuable things and hire those people, they should be in the yellow pages. They are listed under Pet Exercise & Feeding Services in my yellow pages. There are a huge stack of them in my yellow pages. Even your neighbour can make a difference, or a friend live near by.

post subject

I have been looking at boarding for my 2 when I go away in sept, but i feel that I would rather have a person come and look after them at home,

I live in south oxon, is their anyone out there who would be able to look after them at home??????????????????

I did consider having someone to come to my house to feed them etc and found lots of people in the yellow pages and on the internet. They are all police checked and insured etc.

I didn't like the idea of doing that though, the buns wouldn't get to run around enough as they would only pop in and out a couple of times a day.

Taking them to Doe Drop Inn meant that Claire gave them lots of fuss and attention, she even hand fed Charlie his veg cos he can only eat certian things, she is v experienced with bunnies and would have noticed if one had been ill. I am not sure you'll get that level of knowledge/experience and care from someone who comes to your house as the mostly look after cats and dogs. I did phone a few up and none really knew much about rabbits. I asked things like - how can you tell if a rabbit is in pain, have you ever owned or cared for a rabbit long term, is there anything that bunnies shouldn't eat etc and wasn't at all happy with the answers. They also werne't really prepared to stay at my house for a couple of hours whilst the buns had some exercise.

You may find a good one but my advice would be to ask lots of questions and choose carefully.

Brilliant news! Claire has got room now at the Doe Drop Inn so am really pleased. :D :D :D

I did think about getting someone to come round as then it wouldn't mean moving the bunnies but I agree they wouldn't get much attention with a visit only a couple of times a day. This way they can not only be fed and watered, but Claire can see if they get ill, give them exercise and give them all important cuddles!

ps: RWA stands for Rabbit welfare association.

Thanks for all your ideas about places to stay though!

I live in Oxon, where abouts are you bunnies?

When we went away I took my bunnies to my cousin who has just set up a new business in Weymouth ( a long way but worth it) my bunnies came back so happy and healthy I was really impressed

BevBunny said:
I am not sure you'll get that level of knowledge/experience and care from someone who comes to your house as the mostly look after cats and dogs. I did phone a few up and none really knew much about rabbits. I asked things like - how can you tell if a rabbit is in pain, have you ever owned or cared for a rabbit long term, is there anything that bunnies shouldn't eat etc and wasn't at all happy with the answers. They also werne't really prepared to stay at my house for a couple of hours whilst the buns had some exercise.

Apparently, your place is the same as mine. I thought it may be different. The ones here listed in the yellow page are always not versed in rabbits, mostly dogs & cats.

But as to exercise, my past rabbits hops around the house all day, so there is enough exercise for him.

Back