• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photo of belgian hare and belgian hare X's as promised!! :-)

here are the photos as promised of Truffle the belgian hare and also the belgian have X english babies.

All are still looking for a forever home. Truffle has now been neutered, the young belgian hare X English are too young to neuter but the £25 adoption fee includes neutering when they are old enough.

Truffle:

rabbit_3218.jpg

And the babies!:

rabbit_3219.jpg

Can anyone offer these bunnies a home?!

aaaaawwwwwwwwwww how totally adorable!! I wonder what the babies will turn out like when they are full grown! That belgian hare is just adorable cuddling her baby :D I hope they find themselves new homes really soon.

aliceechamberlain said:
Aaah, good luck with these. One day I will have a Belgian hare, one day!! They are so gracious and when I retire I promise myself...

Alice

whats the difference if any alice between a rabbit and a belgium hare!? :oops:

Belgian hares are rabbits bred to look like hares. They have longer ears, thinner bones and are more "flighty". I think they are generally larger than "normal" rabbit size but not as big as giants.

They still breed like rabbits so are technically not hares. They really have a gorgeous elegance about them.

Caz

I can't see the pics! :( I've wanted a black and tan Belgian hare though ever since I saw one in a book when I was little!

There you go, they've been removed from RR so the photos get moved to the archive.

Tam

I've wanted a black and tan Belgian hare though ever since I saw one in a book when I was little!

When you get one ask for a Continental Hare :) Belgian Hares only come in:

"Rich, deep chestnut red, well extended down the sides. Black ticking of a wavy or blotchy appearance, plentiful in body; chest and face." ~ Taken from BRC Standard

Any other coloured hare is Contiental I think.

I do agree, they're beautiful!

Cloverleaf_stud said:
I've wanted a black and tan Belgian hare though ever since I saw one in a book when I was little!

"Rich, deep chestnut red, well extended down the sides. Black ticking of a wavy or blotchy appearance, plentiful in body; chest and face." ~ Taken from BRC Standard

Just to add (and not meaning to hi-jack post :oops: ), They are unstandardised, we get a few shown up here and they are magnificent. I think they're just labelled as the Black and Tan Hare. :)

Fluffybunny said:
Cloverleaf_stud said:

Just to add (and not meaning to hi-jack post :oops: ), They are unstandardised, we get a few shown up here and they are magnificent. I think they're just labelled as the Black and Tan Hare. :)

Oh right I didn't know that! Thats probably why Google searches didn't come up with much when I searched for them :lol: I can see the pics now :D she looks very comfortable! Sweet babies too!

Edit: just having a look in my rabbit book it has black-and-tan, white and hare colour (the gingery brown) rabbits under the Belgian Hare section, but this book hasn't always had accurate info so :)

Back