• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A THANK YOU and HELLO !

Saff

New Kit
We've decided to keep my neighbour's bunny ourselves, as although he isn't a cuddly rabbit, and is in dire need of a personality change at times, he's kind of cute.

Because my husband is allergic to furry woodland creatures, we are going to home him outside and I went out and I bought him a run and nice roomy hutch yesterday.

Am also going to contact the vets today and book him in for a neuter .. hopefully this will calm him biting tendencies a little. (I think he's just a really hyped up rabbit who scares easily and instead of cowering down, he decides to attack, which is why he bites so much ... and believe me, he really does bite !!! Not just little nips ... he actually chases you and grabs hold of your ankle !

Thank you to those of you who contacted me and for the help and advice. I shall keep coming on here in these next few weeks as I'll need more help I should imagine !!

One thing, we feel he might be better off with a little friend .. what do you advise? A male or female?

Thank you .. :D

That's great news! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun together.
As for a friend, well this is an ongoing debate! I would say a neutered boy and girl, as I've personally had much more success with this type of pairing. The two (spayed) girls I had had a bit of a rocky relationship.
Good luck with it all

thats grate news i think the easyest paring is male female with bothe spayd /nutered ood luck i have a biter too

Oh well done Saffy! He'll improve Im sure with neutering and a girliefriend - what man doesnt need to have both those things??!! :shock: :shock: :wink:

Yep, I'd go for a girl. It takes about 6 weeks after neutering for the hormones to go so it's probably best to give him that long to settle before trying him with a friend. As he's quite a fiesty character if possible find a rescue you have take him along to so you can try him with the girls. Bunnies have different personalities and some matches are easier than others.

Tam

Thats brilliant news! My male stopped nipping after he was neutered so fingers crossed he'll calm down!

Thank you muchly for the welcome ..

Well ... he's booked in for a neuter on Thursday ... :shock: Hope this doesn't make him dislike me even more .. *chuckle* I appreciate it will take some time for his hormones to settle down after being neutered, but I'm really hoping this will quieten him a bit.

He had the most fun ever in the garden last night .. he tried desperately to fit into a plant pot and started digging, bum in the air, and soil flying everywhere ... too cute too tell off !

No nips last night ... a loweing of his head and flattening of ears and he twisted his head as though to bite, but I just stood very still and quiet and he soon forgot what he was going to do. Maybe he's just an extra nervy rabbit?

hi

Oh there you are! Welcome, and I hope you enjoy spending hours 'doing important bunny research' here like I do (say goodbye to your vacuum cleaner :lol: )

Best wishes, Edana

Hi Saff :wave:

good to see you here :D 8) you'll enjoy it here and get loads of advice :wink: :D Wabs is a little stunner :love:

welcome to the world of wabbits :D :D :thumb: :rabbit2:

Hello there. Good luck with the op. I'm sure after a couple of months he will be ready to go and choose a girly from a rescue near you. I guess you will have to floor your run with mesh if he is a digger..try get a pick with his wee bum in the air :D :D :D

:wave: Hiya Saff, nice to meet you and your bun! He's lovely. My Jasper (aka Duracell :roll: ) is an avid digger too, he's just like a white version of your bun, very cheeky, manages to do double foot thumps (which makes him look like he's pogo-ing :lol: :lol: :lol: ), sprays for Britain and is the stinkiest wee bun around, but for all that I love him to bits. He was a terrible biter when he first came to us, but he was just so frightened then. He'd also been confined to a hutch (no run), his claws were over an inch long. Now he has a hutch with an attached run, he's much happier and loves to be lifted up in my arms so he can survey all around. This is him:
jasperdigging.jpg

jasper.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting his pics on your thread :oops: :roll: :lol:

Welcome!! I cant wait to hear more about you new baby, and hopefully see piccies soon!! He seems like such a character and after the neuter I'm sure he will get a lot nicer and lovable!

Lynda .. course I dont mind ... awww, that face !!

Managed to get the little un in motion last night !

791008277f154977d79d948560fa01f9681bc4cb7388d0ec82881722.jpg

andddd ... a back view ... :lol:

9418290011471bf146e2dfcf90e2dbeb4db927fe39723017dc154ebd.jpg

oh I see.......
I thought they were his special pots to dig in :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back