• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ratty pictures of my own

Karly

Banned
After Tamsin's thread, I had to post some of my own!
Someone was quite shocked, thinking she had 15 at one time..well, until recently I had 25 :shock: Quite a few were fosters though (fostered a mum and litter - sadly mum died, they were all from a very horrible mass-breeding situation and it was just too much of a toll on her - and a few adults I took home from work), so now they've all gone on to their new homes I'm down to the slightly more sensible number of 14.

The girlies:
lizzle.jpg

Lizzle

noodle.jpg

Noodle

ping.jpg

Ping

ribena.jpg

Ribena

roxysable.jpg

Roxy and Sable

19.jpg

Ali

4.jpg

Sushi

9.jpg

Max

15.jpg

Chanel

And the boys:
wonky.jpg

Wonky, my head tilt ratty - he's the nastiest ratty I've ever met, though thankfully he hasn't 'got' me seriously yet!

P1010065.jpg

Sam, gorgeous rexy boy who's rather nervous of people and can be a bit nippy. Ribena's his aunty and she's the same, they both seem to have very sensitive skin (they don't like to be touched/stroked) and are both rather prone to mites

18.jpg

Lewis. He actually lives in my brother's room now, after having to be split from his brothers (kept bullying them). He doesn't like other rats, so I let my brother look after him so he gets all the attention he needs. He's the funniest rat I've known, you'd think he didn't know he was a rat! His cage is never shut, and I often find him and my brother curled up together in bed

jake.jpg

Jake, Lewis's brother (sadly their other brother Dave died a few months ago). This guy is showing his age now and is slowing down, so he's on his own so he can get the peace and quiet he seems to want nowadays, so he can relax and enjoy the reset of the time he has.

Ratties make such great pets, it's a shame that a lot of people still hold such a bad/outdated opinion of them. No body likens a dog to a wolf anymore, so why liken domesticated rats to wild ones? :roll: I'd say rats are the perfect child's pet - cute, come in a variety of colours, easy to sex (so no mistaken genders - well, hopefully, anyway! How some petshops somehow manage to mistake a rat with two big plums at the base of its tail for a female, I don't know..), very intelligent and interact with their owners so much.

Awww, they're gorgeous! One of my current girls looks just like Ping... well abit more podgy ;)

May I rat nap Roxy & Sable ? ;) I've always wanted a black one, I think they're gorgeous... haven't come my way yet.

Sam is soooo beautifil, I wanna cuddle ... really gently though :)

How some petshops somehow manage to mistake a rat with two big plums at the base of its tail for a female, I don't know..),

I know talk about impressive.... they're bunny sized which as you can imagine compared to a rats size is giant :shock: :lol:

Tam

Tamsin said:
May I rat nap Roxy & Sable ? ;) I've always wanted a black one, I think they're gorgeous... haven't come my way yet

They're lovely, but ever so cheeky! And Roxy's just cost me £60 to have a tumour removed, but she's worth every penny! They can be a bit funny with other rats, I managed to reintroduce them to Ribena and they get along get - weird, because I had to split Ribena from them originally as they kept bullying her, but when Ribena's cagemate Sarah had to be put down earlier this week, I had to try to introduce her to someone, and she didn't get along with the younger girls so it had to be Roxy and Sable. Thankfully things went OK and now they're great friends!

I don't think your mad for having 25 rats......... I have that many guinea pigs, lol :lol: They are all beautiful and I love the names Ping and Noodle :lol:

I had one with a lump removed a couple of months ago, got home and found one on her friend :roll: My rats vet bills are higher than the rabbits. They're good at picking out of hours times too!

Tamsin said:
My rats vet bills are higher than the rabbits

Fortunately that's not happened to me yet, fingers crossed it won't as my Netherland dwarf has cost me at least £400 in the last two years :roll: Then there's Squishy with his dodgy teeth that had to be removed (£100, including neutering though), and now if I keep this rex I'll have to have the same operation for him. Good thing I'm an animal lover!

My rabbits haven't (touch wood) been in for anything other than jabs recently though thats £60 ish anyway I suppose. The last couple of months the rats (between them) have had two lumps removed £35 each, two courses of eye drops and an eye removed £50 and one emergency (4am) vet trip for an on going resp problem £135. Ouch :(

And the little toads kept me up all night shredding paper too!

But they are cute :lol:

Tam

Back