• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Reaction ?

toria

Warren Scout
Hi,
Think I'm being bit silly really but I had my 2 13week old bunnys vaccinated against VHD yesterday, they've already had there Myxi 4 weeks ago. It's just they were fine afterwards but tonight when I went to see them to sort them out, they both seemed a bit quiet. Normally they'd be dashing about investigating. They are both eating and drinking so I'm just wondering if they are abit quiet from the vaccine or I just caught them at a quiet time. I panic an awful lot so I could be over reacting.

Both of mine were quiet after the vaccinations.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on them. If they are still eating, drinking and pooing normally then they should be ok. If they're still quiet tomorrow I'd maybe call the vet.

This will more than likely be a reaction to the vaccine - you will also have to watch for one or the two them developing a limp. If this happens then they will need some painkiller and the limp is normally gone within 3 days. The reaction of quietness can also take about 3 days to go but as long as they are eating and drinking then that will be fine.
If it's a nice day tomorrow try to get them interested in things by changing their environment a little and putting up sheets so they can run under them and explore - this usually helps to take their minds of things.
Sending them both healing vibes :D

cheekybun used to be very quiet after his vhd , usually for about 48 hrs . It happened 4 years in a row so I knew what to expect , he always perked up tho . You know your buns better than anyone tho so if you are concerned it would be a good idea to call the vets and speak with them about it . Chances are they will be ok tho .

Hello, thanks everyone.
I think they were just both a bit quiet but seem to be fine now.
It's so hard to know, if you've caught them while they are half asleep or having a quiet time or not feeling too good. I tend to panic an awful lot.
They were both doing everything they should so I'm happy with them. They are still being naughty!!

Back