• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

think Coby has ear mites :(-apointment at 5pm

cazza269

Mama Doe
looks like the little fella may have some friends :? , will phone the vets on monday to get him seen, do you guys know if it is mites do I need to treat the house too?

UPDATE: phoned the vets, should be seen at 5pm so will get him sorted out :)

yup! altho if you start to feel a little itchy you might want to get sme sort of spray.. :lol:

cazza269 said:
its all in the mind ;)
Or the ears :wink: :lol:

We're in the same boat. Mishka has got a few AGAIN! :evil:
Must be because she can't clean her ears properly, but we can't work out where she's picking them up from :(

lol Jeremy, a bit of both perhaps ;) hope mishkas vistors leave as quickly as I am hoping Coby's do

are ear mites the same as other mites...by that I mean could they get them because they are run down or stressed?

LOL I felt slightly itchy after talking about Toby’s Fleas! I got my bf to check me out and he couldn't see anything - sometimes your mind can play tricks. Sorry to hear about your bunny :( best get him checked out before it gets worse! I am still trying to figure out if Toby is clear or not!

I am going to phone the vets first thing on Monday, we are such a wee town I should get seen pretty quickly :)

Can you see the mites on Coby or was it just the itching? I only ask cos I know what fleas look like (am a hairdresser!! :roll: ) but have never seen mites.
Everytime I have encountered kids with nits I have hubby rooting around my scalp - he loves it ofcourse (not!)

no I cant see any critterz, thank goodness, lol!! but he is shaking his head a lot and scratching at his ears so something is bothering him a fair bit, I am going to get the vet to check his fur too just in case there is anything else, he wont really let me have a good look so I am going to make the most of the vet visit ;)

Back