• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rats (look cute piccies)

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I just thought I'd put up a few (just a few ;) ) piccies of my rats past & present.

Millie & Cole (neutered)
rats1.jpg

Rosie - what you got? I want it.
rats2.jpg

You don't want a mouse, you want a rat!
rats3.jpg

You're not going to poke me again are you? I told you I'm just napping.
rats4.jpg

It's just such hard work being a rat.
rats5.jpg

But the food is good
rats6.jpg

Umm, bout time for another nap I think?
rats7.jpg

It's rude to interupt when I'm washing!
rats8.jpg

A rat needs its food, and your food.
rats9.jpg

You are going to share that aren't you?
rats10.jpg

In between eating & sleeping we like to climb.
rats11.jpg

Do you think I'm beautiful?
rats12.jpg

Chew? Nah we wouldn't do that!
rats13.jpg

nice pictures! :D

so you have had quite a few, i have never really thought about keeping rats as pets, but yours look really friendly.

do you get them from rescues?

sophie

aww great pics, and captions too....ohhh and the napping ones are fab!!! legs up in the air :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, I just added up, 15 :shock: I've been keeping them about 7 years now and 2-6 at a time. I wish they lived longer, their agespan is only 2-3ish :( Excluding one little terror in my current group, I've never had any problems with intros - much easier than bunnies :D

They've come from a mix of places my first couple were from petshops, I've had two from a breeder and the recent ones have been from rescues or refered by my vet.

:shock: :shock: :shock: 15 Rats :!: :!: :!: and you always say I am mad having so many bunnies.. :x :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..and theres you being a secret rat collector on the sly :!: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic photos though and equally brilliant captions, I love the photo of the rat sitting on the Gorgeous card...how apt, your ratties are all lovely, and so differently coloured too! I did not realise they could have such nice and varied markings! :)
Do they all live in your bedroom? Do they make much noise at night or do you hear the patter of tiny paws?

Best wishes
Adele

Not 15 at once Adele :lol: Thats in total over about 7 years (rats only live a couple of years). I've four at the moment and yes, in my bedroom and they do get a bit noisy. I have to try and remember not to clean out late in the day otherwise they sort their cage out and trow things around whilst I'm trying to sleep.

They are quite varied colours, the 'gorgeous' one (Eliza) was actually blue though it's not very clear in that picture.

:lol: Such great photos of your rats, they are all so cute and I love the captions that go with them :lol:

Nooo, those pics just make me want ratties even more!!!!! Love the colours and I see you have a few dumbo rats, very cute! They are all very adorable!!!

BTW for those who don't know a dumbo rat is one which has ears at the side of the head, not the top, you didn't think I was calling some of them dumb did you!!! :!: :shock: :lol:

:lol: Yep, Millie was a Dumbo rex - very cute!

Here's another one of Rosie....

rosie.jpg

Thats one of my fav pictures, she's curled up in a roll-a-nest. That was one of her fav sleeping spots. Occationally joined by a couple of friends - amazing how many sleeping rats you can fit in a small pile!

Tam

Tamsin said:
:
Thats one of my fav pictures, she's curled up in a roll-a-nest. That was one of her fav sleeping spots. Occationally joined by a couple of friends - amazing how many sleeping rats you can fit in a small pile!

Tam

aaawwwwwww what a Sweetheart :love:
But Tams when I first read your posting I thought for a moment it said....amazing how many sleeping rats you can fit in a small PIE :!: :shock: :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: there I was all poised to send the attack bunnies around when I realised my error :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am definately going mad...what with that and thinking you have 15 ratties all at once( :oops: :oops: :oops: ) is a bit of a worry really :( :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes
Adele

:lol: I haven't tried stuffing rats in a pie but I imagine if you put one near the rats they're manage to stuff themselves into it pretty sharpish. They do like their food!

You're definately mad Adele :D In a good way though ;)

Tam

Tamsin said:
:lol: I haven't tried stuffing rats in a pie but I imagine if you put one near the rats they're manage to stuff themselves into it pretty sharpish. They do like their food!

You're definately mad Adele :D In a good way though ;)

Tam

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well dont go trying to stuff ratties into a pie now Tams, I did not mean to give you ideas..honest :!: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is NOTHING good about being mad :? ....I even drive myself up the wall, so wonder what I do to poor David..does not bear thinking about!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have tried to broach the idea of having a rat to come and live with us, but David wont let me :( spoil sport :!: :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :lol: , so I will just have to admire yours from a distance Tams :)

Never mind 4 & 20 blackbirds baked in a PIE....change that to rats :lol: :lol:

These are really beautiful photos Tam...I love them...sooooooooooo cute and funny AND SNUGGABLE :love:

Oh wow! Great pictures Tamsin! :D

I love rats too, but I didn't realise they came in so many different colours.

I used to look after my best friends some years ago. They are so intelligent! They used to love climbing around the inside of my jumper, but my friend's gran wasn't impressed when she saw one poking out of the end of my sleeve. :lol:

Back