• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

omg brackens not well!!!!! back from the vets

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i have just gone in to clean the shed and bracken was sitting in her hutch even though i had opened the door to the shed, :shock: i have just felt her belly and it is rock hard :shock: , i am so scared because he has never had anything like this since i have had here (2 years) and i know she has not eat anything she shouldnt!,,, i have a vets appointment at 5

i hope to god its not something terrible

Eve x

Phill said:
Oh Eve i hope she alright give her lots of bunny snuggles from me XXX

thanks phil just cant imagine what it could be she is the last one i would expect to get problems, she is normally touch as ol boots!

eve x

Aww poor you and poor Bracken! I hope she okay! I am wishing both of you the very best of luck! Sending you Big hugs!

I had a similar scare with Totti last week .. you just have a feeling when they're not their usual self and not eating/ pooping as normal. As it was late, I gave him a tummy rub and Infacol (my Mum was watching and thought I was very brave rubbing his tum with his, er, bits facing me..... ):oops: my intention was to take him to the Vets the next day if no improvement but lo and behold, a goodly amount of poos were there for me the next morning and he was back to being an eating machine so perhaps my diagnosis of wind was correct. good luck!

luvabun said:
I had a similar scare with Totti last week .. you just have a feeling when they're not their usual self and not eating/ pooping as normal. As it was late, I gave him a tummy rub and Infacol (my Mum was watching and thought I was very brave rubbing his tum with his, er, bits facing me..... ):oops: my intention was to take him to the Vets the next day if no improvement but lo and behold, a goodly amount of poos were there for me the next morning and he was back to being an eating machine so perhaps my diagnosis of wind was correct. good luck!

hope you are right!

eve x

Oh Eve, fingers and paws crossed that it's nothing serious (((Hugs))) if you've not tried it already try a little tum massage and some infacol like Jill mentioned :thumb:

aawww Eve sorry to hear Bracken isnt well... I hope its nothing too serious and the vet can sort him out for ya.
Let us know how he gets on... i'll keep my fingers crossed.

aaawwwwww :( I am keeping everything crossed that Bracken will be okay, let us know what the vet says,
Lots of love for you, and please give Bracken a get well kiss from me.
XX

bracken is back from the vets she is definately constipated and they are not sure where it is impaction, although she cant feel anything impacted!

she was given metacromide (sp?) liquid parafin, probotic, and recovery but she is still eating just not as vigiously!

now my DIALEMMAR (SP?) bracken is bonded in with 5 others, so i dont know whether to separate them and bring her in (dont really want to as i dont want problems with the group) but her health comes first!

if i leave her in the shed with them how will i know she has pooed?

whats do you think

Eve x

Back