• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Muffin... Sad news

:cry:

This is a message to say little Muffin of my previous post is sadly no longer looking for a home as he had to be put to sleep. Hi molar roots became terribly abcessed (hope I spelt that right lol) causing him terrible pain. It was with a heavy heart that the vets and I made the decision to end his suffering. Although you deal with hundreds of bunnies every year in rescue you never get used to losing one, especially after having nursed them round the clock. Emmie is now greaving for her lost mate and is in even more desperate need of a new loving home.

Adam

I am so, so sorry that Muffin had to be put to sleep :cry: What a hard decision for you to have to make, but at least he is no longer suffering. (((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))

So sorry to hear about little Muffin but its the kindest thing you can do for them if between you and the Vet you feel there is no quality of life.

Hope little emmie is doing o.k - its a difficult time for them when they loose a pal so she will need lots of TLC and hopefully a new home won't be too far away.

Adam, I am very, very sorry to hear the news about Muffin :(
You did everything you could for him and so much more, he was lucky to have found his way to you.

Thinking of you,
best wishes
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies

:( So very sorry to hear this. I agree, it's always particularly difficult when you've been nursing a bun, you build up a special bond with them and when they pass, they leave an emptiness. However, unfortunately there usually is always another another poorly bun which comes along to fill your time :(

~ Binky free wee Muffin man, take our love to all the spirit buns ~

Poor Muffin...but you did the kindest thing and released him from pain and he will be grateful. It is not easy I know ... :love:

poor muffin , sweet baby , sleep well - you have found your forever home and the angels will look after you for eternity . x

gina paul said:
poor muffin , sweet baby , sleep well - you have found your forever home and the angels will look after you for eternity . x

Ooooh Gina, that brought a HUGE tear to my eye!!! I too am very sory to hear about little Muffin, I can imagine that it never does get any easier for you. :cry:

Back