• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taxi for Rabbit from Peterborough to Worcestershire

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hiya, we have agreed to offer a forever home to a lovely French Lop doe who was advertised in the Free Ads paper.
We have a lovely chalet and huge walk in run awaiting Snowy, but cannot take her on until end of August as the unit is rented out for boarding.

I wondered whether anyone could possibly help with transporting Snowy from Peterborough to Worcestershire, or at least get her down closer to us, probably the last weekend in August?
It is difficult for us to get away with the ongoing Sanctuary commitments, so this is the final hurdle to securing Snowy a home here with us.
Alternatively, if someone could consider fostering Snowy until the end of August as a house rabbit, that would help immensely too, as we need to organise her collection anytime from now.

If anyone can help, please contact me.

Thanks so much on behalf of Snowy the French Lop. (and Scooby Doo who Tree is very kindly fostering for us to be bonded with Snowy later :) )

My parents live in Peterborough so I could pop over and fetch to mine any weekend.
I am sure I could get across to Tracy's in Rugby with the bun and I am sure that tracy will be getting visitors from your direction - maybe even Denny :lol:
Let me know whenever......

Hiya I could met Julie somewhere if you want and have her say with me until the end of August and you can get Scooby and the new bun at the same time? I've a space in the house now as Pippin is now living outside.

Oh My goodness this is AMAZING!! I was not expecting this request to be so easy :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am speechless....for once :shock: :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much Julie and Tree, what more can I say...you are both the epitome of kindness, and we are eternally grateful :D :D
But Tree I am just worried that you have enough on your plate already...I dont want you to be struggling with a full time job and looking after lots of bunnies.
If you are sure you can manage, then please arrange the best plan of action with the lovely Julie, and we can take it from there :)
If not, I am happy to meet up with Julie somewhere the last weekend in August??..

I will email you the address details Julie, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your wonderful offer of help :D

Love a very happy Adele :D XX

I'm on holiday for a week of to Madrid yipee, so I guess I should run it past Bryn as he's stopping at home to look after the bunnies. I'll double check and get back to you. :D

I've spoke to him, it's ok.

I'm happy to look after her if you want me to. I know I work long hours, but my boyfriend bless him doesn't, he's a roofer so gets home about 4.30 (what I would give to go back to the days of the man being the main bread winner :roll: ). So as a rule my bunnies go out into the runs at 4.30 and if I'm too late Bryn does all the feeds for me, so between us it isn't to much of a hard job.

Tree said:
I've spoke to him, it's ok.

I'm happy to look after her if you want me to. I know I work long hours, but my boyfriend bless him doesn't, he's a roofer so gets home about 4.30 (what I would give to go back to the days of the man being the main bread winner :roll: ). So as a rule my bunnies go out into the runs at 4.30 and if I'm too late Bryn does all the feeds for me, so between us it isn't to much of a hard job.

aww tree! you're a gud un! get Bryn to line the bunnies up in front of the x box, him and them will have a great time, I can just see it now!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwww Well Done Julie, Tree and Bryn - Adeleeee - sounds like your sorted gal on this one (soz been outa the office this afternoon so didn't pick up emails until just now)

Great that things are lookin positive for little Snowy - and what a brilliant eventual forever home :D :D :D

bunnytales said:
Great that things are lookin positive for little Snowy - and what a brilliant eventual forever home :D :D :D

Thank you Lany :D :D Snowy is going to a great temporary home too, please give Bryn a hug from me Tree, you have a great man there :wink: :D :D
Thanks once again to Julie too for your help inadvance :wink: :) :)

No problem at all - I have a big carrier so collecting her would not be a problem.
By all means send me the address and contact details Adele and I will get in touch with them.
Also, could you find out what food she is on so I can make sure I can get some so she has the same whilst she is in transit.
I may have to go over to P'bo next weekend (possible link on another bunny run) and could make some space for her in the bunny shed if I need to hold on to her.

Hiya great news!! Julie has picked up Snowy and is on her way to Tracys at rgpwelfare :thumb:
Hopefully Snowy will come to us in Worcestershire in a week or two and then we can settle her in.

A Huge THANK YOU to both Julie and Tracy for helping us with Snowy, you are both stars, bless you :D
Love Adele XX

Well Julie has done it again what would we do with out her.
Driving round the countryside picking up and dropping off these buns.

Snowy is here and having a wash in her litter tray at the present time. She a beautiful looking rabbit and if she was male i'd be very tempted to bunny nap her!

Do you want to see some piccy's of her Adele? :D

rngpwelfare said:
Well Julie has done it again what would we do with out her.
Driving round the countryside picking up and dropping off these buns.

Snowy is here and having a wash in her litter tray at the present time. She a beautiful looking rabbit and if she was male i'd be very tempted to bunny nap her!

Do you want to see some piccy's of her Adele? :D

Aaaawwww Snowy sounds all happy with you Tracy, but no talk of bunny napping or else :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do I want to see some photos of her :!: :!: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ooohhhh YES PLEASE :p :p :p :p :p :p :p (did you really have to ask :?: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

THANKS so much Tracy for giving Snowy a temporary home with you..and I stress the word TEMPORARY here :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are right about Julie, she is an extremely kind lady to be giving of her time to help the bunnies...it is all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes that make the rehoming of bunnies successful. I think we have a lot of unsung Heros on the Forum :wink:
Please give Snowy a kiss from me :D
Lots of love Adele XXX

Here you go then. :D :D

Snowy.JPG

Snowy1.JPG

She reminds me of my Milton he was a blue and white frenchie.
She's a lovely girlie Adele and I will pass on your kisses to her once she has had time to settle a bit. :D

Awww well done folks for getting the lovely snowy safely to Tracy - and blimey isn't she a bosta - absolutely boootiful -

Hey Tracy - just make sure HUGO doesn't catch sight of her - I think it might be love at first sight :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well apparently there was a Hugo looky likey in the same shed as her.

So if she spots him she may just think she's back at home. :)

Wow!!! What a beautiful girlie!!! :D

And that is the second rabbit I know of who has benefited from Julie and Tracy's kindness this weekend!!!! :wink: It would appear that Leila is happily espoused to Dougie already!!! :D :D :D Sssssshhhhh, don't say a word but I think they are sleeping together on the first date!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

rngpwelfare said:
Here you go then. :D :D

Snowy.JPG

Snowy1.JPG
:D

:p :p :love: thanks so much Tracy, these are stunning photos, she is a sweetheart, I cannot wait to meet her and you too very soon :D :D
Love Adele

Back