• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floyd Bunneh

Krinnie

Young Bun
Decided to browse the hay and feed stores, first stop had one mini-lop left out of I believe, 12 or so I saw before. Asked to hold it and they said it was sold; a bit crushing, get into the car and reach near home (as we needed to go on the opposite freeway) and it hits my Dad and I that the bunny was reserved for -us- so we called home and sure enough it was. Did not get along good with Bijou or Stuey, it seemed Stuey was ok with it but then Bijou was upset and the poor lop got doubleteamed by the dutches. It was an excuse to run out of petco and get him a little crate "that could be returned" the size is an excuse to put him in my room, although a little depressingly small (rated weenie-dog size) I took some of those modular grids used for furniture (as seen on cavvyhomes.com is you've ever been there) and wiretied them a good deal around the crate for some run space.

Dsc02801.jpg

Dsc02800.jpg

Dsc02798.jpg

Dsc02797.jpg

He is so cute! I have noticed that the Petco near me always has a bunch of buns with the same black and white markings, its so sad to leave them!!! Glad he found a great home with you! I would just be patient with the bonding, it coud take weeks to months!

OMG how cute. :D I would not get much done if that was my rabbit. All i would want to do in sit and nurse it. Great photos.

katokym said:
OMG how cute. :D I would not get much done if that was my rabbit. All i would want to do in sit and nurse it. Great photos.

He simply adores to cuddle, I even put in one of the other two buns (they attacked him when I brought him home) and they went along famously, Floyd doesn't seem to have a territorial bone in his little squishy body, he ever cuddled up with him right ontop of his vent! Him being so cuddly was a great excuse to put him in my room, and the weight of the crate a good excuse to leave him there :p

Charliesangel said:
He is so cute! I have noticed that the Petco near me always has a bunch of buns with the same black and white markings, its so sad to leave them!!! Glad he found a great home with you! I would just be patient with the bonding, it coud take weeks to months!

Him and my little gray one Stuey get along just great, Bijou is the problem and since Bijou and Stuey are much more bonded, Stuey wants to protect Bijou; I've been able to stick Stuey in Floyd's runspace and he just loves on the company, I'm going to continue to do this with Stuey for a while then try to introduce Bijou to Floyd with no Stuey around.

Whicever little boys I have and it's my best judgment that Stuey is, I haven't checked Floyd, should be due for fixing in about another month and then I'll start to look into bonding more seriously, although I may have to keep Floyd in here with me then put him in the big rabbit cage in the other room, bonded or not :p

Back