• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

putting lino on shed floor

Those that have put lino on their shed floors where did you get it from, I don't really want anything special but I want a solid piece not sticky tiles. I can't seem to find any around. What sort of prices will I be looking at? I hope someone can help me.

Love
Rachel xx

hi

mail order catalogues like Great Universal do it - so do all DIY stores - much cheaper too :)

Hi,

Bought a off cut from Carpet right about 7foot by 7 foot for £30. Lasted a whole day before one of the buns chewed a large hole in it! Make sure they can't get to an edge bit.

If you ask around some places sell offcuts cheap. Pieces that wouldn't cover a room but would be enough to cover your shed and because they usually would go to waste you can negotiate on price. That is where I got mine from.

Caz

Got a roll end from Carpet Right for about £27. When it was layed we then put quadrent all the way around to stop them getting to the edges. :D

B and Q sell lino rolls big enough for a shed for about £20 i think. Get pensioner discount on a Wed. Grab a Granny! :lol:

I got some from Carpet Right for nothing as it was destined for the skip..... it was an offcut that was also "seconds" i.e. had a mark on it that made it unfit for sale - they were glad to give it to me for nowt :thumb:

check out the offcuts section and have a chat with the manager, being very upfront with what you want it for

Thank you all very much. I will go to the places suggested as I have all them stores locally. I will make sure I ask if they have any off cuts. Thanks again.

Love
Rachel xx

here in portsmouth theres a cheep carpet shop on fratton road never pay more than £20 pounds for it as little as£10

Definately worth looking around, I found the smaller independent shops to be the cheapest. One had a piece for £10 but I managed to get a larger piece from a shop across from my vets for £5. I can lino Rabsville and still have some left over for the hutch.

As someone else mentioned. Poundland do a pack of 5 self adhesive tiles for funily enough £1!

Rabswood

lino

I got some offcuts from a local carpet shop but they were still expensive but then my shed is big so I had to get room size remnants :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back