• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buster and his eyes, Buster & Pippin.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Buster is unfortunately still experiencing problems with his eyes and the likelihood he will always have problems with them, at the minute he's either on weekly or fortnightly trips to the vets and he's still on meds (poor bloke), but he isn't letting this get him down, He such a happy and loving bunny. It's his left eye where most of the problems lies now, the last pictures I put up of him were the ones where he looked quite bad so thought, it would be nice to see some pictures of him as he is now. Here he is after a trip to the vets on Wednesday.

83ff459a.jpg

7e97f4e8.jpg

0aad724f.jpg

7606ced4.jpg

5408922a.jpg

I don't know if you remember I picked this little lady up (Pippin, although I might change her name to Fiver) from the RSPCA last Saturday. She's the bunny with territorial issues, I thought she looked like she would be a lovely girly friend to Buster. She's a very nervous girl, I had her in a spare room until her stitches had healed as she had been neutered last Thursday. Anyway when I went to get her, to start bonding Buster and her on Saturday night, she actually screamed at me when I caught her, it was horrible sounded like a proper human scream.

95814bcc.jpg

I put them together in my living room with my water pistol at the ready, but there wasn't any trouble at all really apart from the odd attempted hump by Buster. I left them together for a good five hours, then tried them in Busters hutch together. It's fantastic as they are love at first sight bunnies, they would leave the hutch together to go for a stroll ion the garden then back upstairs together. I'm really cuffed as they seem so happy with each other.

Buster is just under the hay rack, pictures of him in his hutch don't come out very well as he's dark.

b49c3c85.jpg

2c3051f5.jpg

Buster is one handsome bunny, no wonder it was love at first sight for Pippin (Fiver) :love: Its great that they are getting along so well and although Pippin may be nervous now I'm sure she will come round in no time at all :D

I'm really chuffed they're getting on, I was rather worried as she did seem a bit too agressive, but it's only with me :lol: , she loves her Buster.

awww look at that poor babies eyes...at least he is happy and well looked after with you though Tree :) and his new girlie friend too :D

wow busters eyes r much better than the first pic u showed
im glad he has found love
im sure they will be happy together
becky

I'm chuffed I've got both of them, I never intended to have either, but as Buster ended up with me I had to get him a girlfriend.

He eyes are a lot better than what they were, let me go off and find some pictures of how they were, also we had a break through at the vets, the puss came out of his nose, only I bit, but I was so excited, because when he last had a fluch his cheek just filled up with water at least there is some movment there now. His eye are still a big job though I'm bathing them still twice/ three times a day and he's on daily meds still, but we're getting there. :D

Before
09b20e2c.jpg

8a5529a1.jpg

0f58e7a5.jpg

After

f9030bf4.jpg

5ef6463c.jpg

5a0b7ae2.jpg

He has good and bad days, sometimes I get disheartened by it as he's taking forever to get better, but my vets says, he could of been in that state for years before and it will take a while to get better. My poor boy.

Anyway must do some work, I was suppose to be working late but all I've done so far is look at pictures of bunnies :lol:

I guess looking at the pictures again, his left eye now is only as bad as what the right one was when he came to me. I don't have to clean the right one anymore that's better, just waiting for the hair to grow back properly. Right must do some work. :lol:

He loves Bryn more then me though, I'm the nasty syringe and eye drop lady. As soon as he see's me coming down the garden he runs straight down stairs and into his run hopeing he can get away from me.

yeah I can understand why he would run away from you Tree! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its ok she is in Spain so can not tell me off I can say what I like about her!

Tree stinks! Tree stinks! Na na na na na!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back