• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Darling Myrtle-May

Adele

Warren Veteran
000_0322.jpg

It is with deep sadness that I annouce that we had our darling Myrtle-May bunny PTS earlier this morning.
Myrtle is the pretty brown bunny in the photo above, sitting snuggled up to her Dad Mistletoe who accompanied her to the vets on her final journey :cry:

It is the worst part of loving a pet when you have to face up to the fact that their daily life had become a struggle, and you are torn in two at whether you should allow them to amble on knowing they are in discomfort, or have the heartbreak of being the one to take them to the vets to do the deed :cry: :cry: :cry:
Darling Myrtle you have been such a delight and pleasure to have around for the past 7 years, being one of our favourite bunnies and part of our original family group of 10.
You have overcome Myxomatosis five years ago, having an eye removed and a year of difficulty as your bladder and kidneys deteriorated.
Despite all your daily struggles, you maintain a joyous spirit and always run up to give us a lick each morning, even this morning, the last few hours of your life :cry:
David and I have been watching you very closely for the past few weeks, and have done everything to keep you comfortable and given you all our love. Although you were still having the odd better day, like yesterday when we let you loose in the garden with your adoring Dad Mistletoe, it was very apparent that the majority of your days were difficult for you.
It took all my strength to face up to making the decision that you had to go on to Rainbow Bridge, but my love is unconditional and that means I have to think of your welfare first, despite my own heartbreak and wants.
I could not bear the thought of loosing you, but the thought of keeping you alive was painful too, David and I could not bear to watch any more struggles, I hope you can forgive us.
You lived in a group with Mistletoe, Freya and Bella, your Dad will miss you immensely, he has outlived all his babies.

Darling Myrtle, I miss you already :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thank you for bringing so much joy into our lives, rest in peace next to your Mummy Heather...God Bless you sweet Myrtle-May.
All our love Adele and David, your heartbroken Mummy and Daddy.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: XXXXXXXX

000_0326.jpg

Myrtle May this morning on the chalet verander with Mistletoe, Bella and Freya the Angora.

Run free at the Bridge, little Myrtle-May and binky with your mummy and dance with all the other rainbow bunnies. :cry:

Oh Adele so sad to read, it's so hard thing. I had to have my hamster pts last year, that was hard as she just suddenly became so ill over night. I'm dreading the day anything happens to fudge though as the bond is so much different and closer than it ever was to my hamsters.
Sorry for the waffle, am thinking of you. hugs from me and fudge.
Binky free Myrtle-May xxx

lou said:
Oh Adele so sad to read, it's so hard thing. I had to have my hamster pts last year, that was hard as she just suddenly became so ill over night. I'm dreading the day anything happens to fudge though as the bond is so much different and closer than it ever was to my hamsters.
Sorry for the waffle, am thinking of you. hugs from me and fudge.
Binky free Myrtle-May xxx

aaawwww thanks so much Lou :)
So sorry about your hamster :( pets bring you joy and pain all at once...it is a right rollercoaster of emotions sometimes isnt it :?
We have lost quite a few bunnies over the years, as many coming to the Sanctuary are elderly, but it never gets any easier to cope with a loss as each bunny is so precious and individual.
I feel like my right arm has been cut off at the moment :cry:

Oh Adele I'm so sorry to hear about the lovely little Myrtle, she was such a sweetheartxx

Binky free sweet Myrtlexx

Aww, it's so hard to decide what is for the best, But you made the right decision. Myrtle was a stunning little girl. xx :cry:

adele ,

i,m so sorry to hear this . I have tears running down my face as I know the pain you are going through - you put into words exactly how I felt and still feel about my darling cheekybun . It is the last act of love that we can do isn,t it but the pain and emptyness is unbearable . Today I am off work ill as you will know but i,ve also got the task of packing alot of cheekybuns things away . I found his blanky and it is still covered in mushy peas and his fur . I just sat on the floor and cried , oh I still miss him so much . Its so true tho that there is always the pain of losing them but when you think of the joy you brought them and they brought you during their life then it makes it bearable .

sleop tight sweet myrtle - give cheekybun and chico a kiss from their mummy . no more struggles and pain , just lots of green grass and lazy sunny days . xx

aaawwww Adele.. im so sorry to hear your Myrtle has gone over the bridge.
Binky free Myrtle May. :D You can certainly say she has had the best life possible by being with you, david and the rest of her friends at your sanctuary.

I am so sorry that you had to let Myrtle-May go :cry: It is a very hard decision to make but to see a loved one suffering each day is worse. ((((((((((( HUGE HUGS )))))))))) to you and I just know that my Karrots will be showing her the best carrot patches up at the Bridge.

Awww Adele lass :cry: :cry: :cry: - I'm so sorry to hear this - she was such a little poppit and such a heart stealer - I remember her so well when me and Mandy spent our weekend with all the bunnies - such a gentle sweet little bunny and I know you've been so worried about her for a while and hoping against hopes that she would maybe come through.

Sending you a huge, huge hug Matey, you gave her love and did your best for her and in the end paid the kindest gesture you can in freeing her from pain and discomfort.

Sending a soft goodnight nuzzle kiss to little Mrytle, now grazing happily with all our heavenly bunnies, awwwww I'm gona miss her sooo much :cry: :cry:

So very sorry to hear about Myrtle-May Adele, she was indeed a very pretty little girl.

~ Binky free wee lass, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

I am so sorry for your loss of Myrtle-May, but at least you did the right thinh for her and stopped her pain, It is a horrible decision to have to make but I feel that it is comforting in a way that you can help stop their pain. I have had to have 2 of my dogs pts and also one of my buns in the last 4mths and they are tough decisions to make.
Take care and loads of hugs and a special big hug for mistletoe
Kayxx

Sorry to hear about Myrtle May, sounds like she was a real wee character and fighter too, it never gets any easier does it.

Adele said:
000_0322.jpg

It is with deep sadness that I annouce that we had our darling Myrtle-May bunny PTS earlier this morning.
Myrtle is the pretty brown bunny in the photo above, sitting snuggled up to her Dad Mistletoe who accompanied her to the vets on her final journey :cry:

It is the worst part of loving a pet when you have to face up to the fact that their daily life had become a struggle, and you are torn in two at whether you should allow them to amble on knowing they are in discomfort, or have the heartbreak of being the one to take them to the vets to do the deed :cry: :cry: :cry:
Darling Myrtle you have been such a delight and pleasure to have around for the past 7 years, being one of our favourite bunnies and part of our original family group of 10.
You have overcome Myxomatosis five years ago, having an eye removed and a year of difficulty as your bladder and kidneys deteriorated.
Despite all your daily struggles, you maintain a joyous spirit and always run up to give us a lick each morning, even this morning, the last few hours of your life :cry:
David and I have been watching you very closely for the past few weeks, and have done everything to keep you comfortable and given you all our love. Although you were still having the odd better day, like yesterday when we let you loose in the garden with your adoring Dad Mistletoe, it was very apparent that the majority of your days were difficult for you.
It took all my strength to face up to making the decision that you had to go on to Rainbow Bridge, but my love is unconditional and that means I have to think of your welfare first, despite my own heartbreak and wants.
I could not bear the thought of loosing you, but the thought of keeping you alive was painful too, David and I could not bear to watch any more struggles, I hope you can forgive us.
You lived in a group with Mistletoe, Freya and Bella, your Dad will miss you immensely, he has outlived all his babies.

Darling Myrtle, I miss you already :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thank you for bringing so much joy into our lives, rest in peace next to your Mummy Heather...God Bless you sweet Myrtle-May.
All our love Adele and David, your heartbroken Mummy and Daddy.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: XXXXXXXX

I'm so sorry to hear of Myrtle-May bunny's passing Adele. :cry: She will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will you, David and all of the sanctuary bunnies. :angel:

Myrtle-May bunny will forever be remembered. :angel:

With all my love,

Michelle and family

midnightbunny said:
I'm so sorry to hear of Myrtle-May bunny's passing Adele. :cry: She will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will you, David and all of the sanctuary bunnies. :angel:

Myrtle-May bunny will forever be remembered. :angel:

With all my love,

Michelle and family

OMG I am so upset with myself Adele. I used one of the emoticon's for what I thought was an angel, and it puts little horns on it. :(

Please know that that was not my intention.

With Love,

Michelle

Back