• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost One :(

Krinnie

Young Bun
I went out to dinner and Petco to get the bunnies a larger water bottle...the three of them were fine...I came back and Clyde was a little tucked under a newspaper on the floor dead :( ...I loved him to death, he was the odd one out; nothing like the other two...not only in looks but in his fearless personality.

I immediately took out the other two and cleaned the cage out really good, put them back in and decided to watch them for a while, no poops. I immediately remembered reading about Bloat and similar bunny illnesses and went to the medicine kit sticky- Made a 2am run to the drugstore to get a syringe (I couldn't find any of mine) some unsweetened pinapple juice, and some gas-aid which is the exact same ingredients as the UK's non-prescription Infacol. I called our allnight vet clinic to describe the symptoms to the person on call but of course they just tell us that they can't make a diagnosis over the phone, therefore they don't offer any suggestions. I also found the closest thing I could to Calpol which was basically a non-aspirin, non-ibuprofen fever reducer...but I'm weary of using it and they don't appear to be in pain yet. I gave them a very limited mix and there was lots and lots of tummy rubs...I heard Stuey's tum make funny gas noises but he hasn't pooed any...luckfully though Bijou was witnessed leaving quite a few raisins...I may go check on them in an hour or so if I'm still awake (and I think I've gone a bit insomniac at this point) I wish I had noticed there weren't any poops before/if the same thing got Clyde...He'll be missed.

Although I just can't undersand or cope them making tons of little poos not long ago, and Clyde wriggling and full of attitude...

:(

hi

:( Oh that's sad for you - it's not so easy to spot the poops decreasing when there's more than one bunny - hope the others get better soon - are they eating any? They may need a gut stimulant and painkiller from the vets if they've slowed down inside - paracetamol's not recommended for bunnies.

Definately not shy on eating - drinking plenty too.

That's why I didn't notice with Clyde, because he was just the same...they don't act like they're in pain or anything...just themselves, but then you notice the cage is rediculously clean...there was a nice collection of poos in the cage last I checked, I'm not sure if it's all Bijou or if Stuey is contributing, but they wan't to go to sleep, not hop about, and I don't blame them...So I'll check when I wake up. (Heading to sleep soon)

BTW the gas-aid and the pineapple juice seemed safe to me (and I used it very sparingly) I was going to get ahead of one of our small animal vets and see what they said about the other stuff...I did some more research to compare names and the active ingredient is different then calpol anyhow; so I'll probably just return it and forget that whole thing.

Aww so sorry to hear about your buns. Got my fingers crossed the two pick up quickly, let us know how they do!

Back