• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

something wrong with Rex...Help!

Hi I was very worried about my lion head bunny named Rex,He was drinking water earlyer.I think water went to his nose,What should I do?

Did you see it happen. What happened when water went to his nose. Did he sneeze or did he find it difficult to breath. I see from another post you wrote that the bunny is very young. Do you need to take him to the vet to have him looked at.

he,ll be fine i,m sure . you know the feelign yourself when you get water up your nose , its feels strange , you sneeze and then thats it . it would have been onvious by now if there was going to be any probs .

is that your bunnies in the pic ? they are so cute , one thing tho and i,m not being nasty by saying this - if that is where they are kept - it may be better to put something on the floor of the cage to protect their paws from the spars ?? as the floor looks a bit far from them so it may be a bit uncomfortable for them .

Hey! Nevermid the water up his nose!, put some solid flooring into that cage! How would you like to spend your life on metal bars?!

Hiya beautiful bunnies :love:

Do they stay in the cage all the time or do you let them out for a run about?
If the bunny is having difficulty reaching the bowl of water he/ she may drink it awkwardly..perhaps you could lower the plastic bowl a little , and add a water bottle to the side of the cage too?

Bunnies can get sore feet sitting on wire, perhaps you could pop a piece of board inside the cage and a plastic litter tray with some hay in it.
Bunnies main diet needs to be hay to keep them healthy :) I did not notice any available to the bunnies in the cage.
I hope you do not mind my asking these questions, but it is just that I am always fretting about my own bunnies and everyones elses too :!: :roll: :lol:
Please give your fluffy white darlings a cuddle from me, they are delightful.
Best wishes
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies

I should maybe explain on behalf of Bunny_beginner.

I directed her here from another forum and unfortunatley in Korea they don't have an awful lot of proper bunny stuff. She is trying to get hay and hopefully a bigger cage.

Have you had any luck on finding hay yet?

Adele said:
Hiya beautiful bunnies :love:

Do they stay in the cage all the time or do you let them out for a run about?
If the bunny is having difficulty reaching the bowl of water he/ she may drink it awkwardly..perhaps you could lower the plastic bowl a little , and add a water bottle to the side of the cage too?

Bunnies can get sore feet sitting on wire, perhaps you could pop a piece of board inside the cage and a plastic litter tray with some hay in it.
Bunnies main diet needs to be hay to keep them healthy :) I did not notice any available to the bunnies in the cage.
I hope you do not mind my asking these questions, but it is just that I am always fretting about my own bunnies and everyones elses too :!: :roll: :lol:
Please give your fluffy white darlings a cuddle from me, they are delightful.
Best wishes
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies

Im new to this forum so just wanted to add what a lovely way to give advice without offending. This seems like such a friendly place, I think Im going to enjoy it here!

hi

I don't think you need a new cage - but you could put a piece of wood or a big plastic box on top of the bars in the cage bottom - then the bunnies could sit on that - they are so tiny (and very cute :) ) I think they can break a leg if they walk around on the bars like that.

As for hay - if farmers feed horses and other animals hay, maybe you could find a farm to get hay from? Long grass is just as good as hay, but that is hard to find too - and baby rabbits must only be given a tiny piece of fresh food like grass, or it may give them a stomach problem if they have a lot to eat one day.

If you can buy a pellet food that is like little brown or grey pills of food, this might have good fibre for them instead of hay - the food packet will tell you how much fibre.

hi

They do step in their pee, and poop, but rabbits need to eat some of their poops (they do 2 different kinds of poop) - the eating kind is the messy one, and they should eat it all not leave it on the floor - the other, round poops are dry and don't make a mess really if you sweep them up and put them in the rubbish bin daily.

The wee needs some kind of litter to soak it up - I use a paper litter on the floor of my plastic boxes - my rabbits do all their wee in the boxes because I put some food in the box too - They like to pass wee and eat at the same time.

hi

which is why you need to put something on top of the wire bars - even a folded newspaper is better for them than walking on bars - I'm sure you have newspapers in Korea :)

Re: hi

elve said:
I don't think you need a new cage.

That picture doesn't really show the size of the cage very well and it is unfortunatley really small, and when they are fully grown they won't have any room to lay down or play.
If you can't find a bigger cage, could you order one, or maybe make one? Could you buy a hutch designed for out doors but use it as an indoor cage? Or what about a dog crate, do you have those in Korea? :D

Not being funny but i think that cage is far too small, and yes bunnys get sore feet from metal bars :( good luck with finding your things for the lil cutie bunnies :D

Back