• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits problems in Asia

Hi I lived in Korea,I was see a lot of young bunnies sells in a Street. which is under 8 weeks old,I wish They can't sells bunnies in that young ages.I believe They are bought from a farm,I have bunnies which is under 8 weeks old too.(It's 5-6 weeks old right now.)I will try to do best keep my bunnies healthy,I was visiting a pet shop yesterday.I was saw a rabbit which is a big look like over 10-12 weeks old rabbit sells in a small tank in a small pet shop,I think I feels so sorry for that rabbits sells in Street and too big rabbits in a Pet shop.(I think a worker in a pet shop feed this rabbit too much)

I know it sounds bad over there, I was shocked to here that yours were only around 3 weeks old when you bought them! Do you know the laws in your country, in the UK I believe the rabbits have to be 12 weeks old (it says that in my rabit book anyway).

Bunny Beginner, please change the flooring in your rabbits' cage - it will be very uncomfortable for them to be on a wire surface :cry:

Jenny

Beebop said:
I know it sounds bad over there, I was shocked to here that yours were only around 3 weeks old when you bought them! Do you know the laws in your country, in the UK I believe the rabbits have to be 12 weeks old (it says that in my rabit book anyway).
they can be sold at 8 weeks

Bunny_Beginner said:
Hi I lived in Korea,I was see a lot of young bunnies sells in a Street. which is under 8 weeks old,I wish They can't sells bunnies in that young ages.I believe They are bought from a farm,I have bunnies which is under 8 weeks old too.(It's 5-6 weeks old right now.)I will try to do best keep my bunnies healthy,I was visiting a pet shop yesterday.I was saw a rabbit which is a big look like over 10-12 weeks old rabbit sells in a small tank in a small pet shop,I think I feels so sorry for that rabbits sells in Street and too big rabbits in a Pet shop.(I think a worker in a pet shop feed this rabbit too much)

oh my poor bunnys they are too young to be away from there mother!!!

PLEASE PLEASE take the wireing out at the bottom of the cage it will hurt there feet!!!!!

Bunny_beginner like everyone has said, please take out the wire bottom to the cage, I have told you before on hamsterific, please take it out for your bunnys welfare. :wink: Also have you found hay yet?

hi

Just posted this on Rex's thread on the care section:

I don't think you need a new cage - but you could put a piece of wood or a big plastic box on top of the bars in the cage bottom - then the bunnies could sit on that - they are so tiny (and very cute ) I think they can break a leg if they walk around on the bars like that.

As for hay - if farmers feed horses and other animals hay, maybe you could find a farm to get hay from? Long grass is just as good as hay, but that is hard to find too - and baby rabbits must only be given a tiny piece of fresh food like grass, or it may give them a stomach problem if they have a lot to eat one day.

If you can buy a pellet food that is like little brown or grey pills of food, this might have good fibre for them instead of hay - the food packet will tell you how much fibre.

Eek, you MUST change the flooring!

Some commercial rabbitries in the USA do keep their stock on wire floors, but it is much smaller guage.

Your buns will catch their feet/legs on these bars. Doesn't look like a rabbit cage to me, more like something for a bird (they could perch on the floor).

Kind regards

Katharine :)

Are those poor rabbits still on the wire floor? :shock:

PLEASE don't wait any longer - just put some thick cardboard over the whole floor and make them comfortable!!!!

It really is very bad for them to be on wire :(

Jenny

Yes, the cages in US have square wire mesh on the bottoms. IMO it is bad for their feet.

Your cage has bars, like a bird cage, which inhibits your bunnies being able to run or jump. They look really uncomfortable.

Cardboard would be fine and then you could clean and replace the cardboard when wet/dirty.

Best wishes
Katharine :)

Can I put a new Paper for them in the cage Mimi ate it last time is News papers is okay for their feet?
Mimi(Female-Lion Head)A 9 weeks old
Rex(Female-Lion Head)a 8 weeks old

Cardboard, a wooden board or newspaper is a lot better, they are seriously going to hurt their wee feet on that floor!

hi yes you can but i would but thick cardboard under it or remove the green bottom try and sit the cage on the floor at least that way the little bunnies feet carn't get through the wire's please try and sort something quickly i'm sure your darling little bunnies will be much happier then

hi

card would be best, from a carton or packaging box? Eating newspaper isn't good for them, and they may eat it if they don't have hay - my rabbit chews everything when he wants more hay.

Also rabbits need wood to chew as their teeth grow all the time - do you have a fruit tree stick (NOT cherry - it's poisonous) that they can chew? Maybe wooden toys sold for parrots will be available in pet shops?

I know it's easier to clean the cage with a wire floor, but you have to think what is more important - is it your rabbit's health and happiness, or you to have an easy cage to clean?

Back