• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bindi

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Bindi is driving me nuts!!! She likes to be held in certain ways. If i hold her her with her head on my chest and support her bottom with my hand, she has a habit of nipping me on the shoulder. Shes done it twice now!!

She never draws blood but bruises. Any ideas on how to stop the nipping?I can tolerate it at the moment but don't want her to turn from a naughty bunny to a nasty bunny.

Gracie and animals x

Put a towel folded under your clothes. I read that squeaking like a rabbit in the wild who doesnt like something might work??? Someone must have had a similar experience.........

peach does this all the time i just shout ow and say no then put her in her hutch/cage and ignore her for 5 mins it works for us as buns dont like being ignored

Yup Zeus did it a few times attempting to show he was boss when he was going through his teenager stage. I squeeled at him and he soon took the hint - he had very big teeth!

When I carry Violet she sometimes nips me by accident. She tries to groom me when she sees what she thinks is a tangle in my "fur" but actually turns out to be the edge of my top or my necklace and when she nibbles at it to groom me she pinches my skin in her teeth too. Sometimes it really hurts :shock: !

I squeek a little when she does it but not too loudly as she was only trying to be nice and I don't want to discourage her. It is nice to have a rabbit that sees me as an equal ;) !

Caz

Thanks everyone. I have worked out a few things with Bindi now. I have to put her in her carrier, while i am cleaning her hutch out, because i can't keep an eye on her and clean out the cage, and the run is having repairs still.
So when i have done cleaning, the carrier gets opened and she hops out on her own accord. She prefers to be picked up from the floor rather then her hutch or carrier. She also comes for cuddles when i sit with her!!!
She hasn't nibbled on my arm since i wrote the original message so hopefully we have an understanding now :D

Gracie and animals x

Back