• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabsville

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
At the moment Lavender and the babies (Oxo and Pippin) are living in this
100_0417.jpg

Which is very nice but not big enough (2 guinea pigs would probably be OK in there). So... I have bought a playhouse and with the assistance of my brother and sister-in law am creating Rabsville.
[/img]
100_0486.jpg

The Rabs are playing a full part in the transformation from playhouse to Rabsville. As you can see they are supervising from their run.
100_0489.jpg

Due to the weather and having to go to work! things have come to abit of a standstill but hopefully rab re-location will take place very soon.

Rabswood (Michelle)[/img]

that will be brill when its done :D the buns will love it. Two of my buns Bramble and Blossom live in a playhouse with attached run

I'm excited about it. The plan is for the rabs to use the playhouse and secured verander, as I have put a transparent cat flap in the door, while I am at work and at night to sleep in (I'm having shelves/ramps in) and Sat, Sun and Mon during the day when I'm around more they will be in the other hutch and run.

I'm trying to get a big run for them just to go in when I can supervise as it will have no top, I don't want anything jumping in and getting them.
Rabswood

hi

rabsville looks like a great place to live - but once they're in their new house, you know...that hutch is awfully empty.... :roll: :lol:

:lol: Yes elve, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind!
However, until I get the new big run (hopefully) I will be putting the Rabs in there on Sat, Sun and Mon when I'm not at work.

So may get additional rescue rabs later in the year when I have large oudoor run for playtime. Had thought about getting a new garden shed, (I have an old one full of gardening stuff) moving the hutch part into there with the largest of the hutch doors taken off and 'fencing off' half the shed for new rabs and half for lawn mower etc as I still need somewhere to keep this stuff and there are only so many sheds you can have in one garden (people will think I'm selling them!) I would secure it off properly so rabs don't get trapped or anything, may have to call upon assistance of brother and sister in law as there's only so much a girl can do on herown!

There were a couple of special needs buns at the rescue where Lavender, Pippin and Oxo came from, I keep thinking about them. They will probably be there for a while.

Currently waiting for weather to pick up so that I can get back to work on Rabsville. Progress is slow at the moment.

Rabswood

hi

I used to have a house with human food in the pantry, clean carpets and no lawnmower in the living room -
then I got a shed full of bunnies :lol:

hi

I've just asked the same on another thread as I'm in south Yorks - and in need of a good vet to spay my girls! (panic panic) - which vets did you use Rabswood?

Vets South Yorkshire

I used Abbey vets. They have 2 branches in Sheffield but their head quarters and hospital is in Barnsley. They do a lot of rabbits for the RSPCA so are very experienced. They were also the best price for spading and neutering as well as vaccinations. The rabbit rescue where I got the rabs from told me to phone round. I'm glad I did. I didn't realise that prices would very so much. My local vet where my 4 cats go charged £76 for rabbit spading (more than a cat!)

Abbey vets, both vaccinations (mixa & VHD) £30.00 per rabbit
Female spade about £37 males less but cant remember (my boys are going in 5 weeks).

Rabswood

hi

I've cancelled Zinniea's spay now with my local vets, and I think I'd rather take all 5 girls on a day trip to an experienced vets to be 'done' - hire a taxi etc - after all it's only the once that they need spaying :)

Not to mention the matter of £150 saved if I use your vets Rabswood! :shock:

Back