• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

ARGH....

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Jazz is chewing his hutch :? hes got other things to chew on but oh no he likes the taste of his hutch :? :? is there anything i can do to stop him from doing this?

Aww naughty Jazz! If he has other things to chew sarah i don't really know what else you can do. mmmmm difficult XX Have you tried changing his chew toys for different ones?

I cant really see him being bored he get so much attention. (from my family and the neiboughs) :lol: LOL maybe frustrated i dunno but when i tell him off he gives me that really cute look. then i pick him up and say are you sorry? and he holds his head in shame hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: such a funny bunny :D

When Bindi was first put in her hutch, she was exactly the same. Just under her water bottle is a chewed bit. She has plenty of things to chew on, and she has enough hay and grass to feed a thousand bunnies!!!

When i asked my manager she said that many people that have taken on her bunnies babies, have asked the same question. Her answer was "its like having a child, they always put things in their mouths, to see what they taste like!" She doesn't do it anymore. I guess sometimes it can be bordem or frustration.

My male piggy Woogie, lost his cage mate, Boogie. And he changed. He became very unsocialable and start chewing everything. His cage mainly, and then my clothes and the carpet at play time. When i got the girlies he changed back to Woogie we all knew. Although they are not in the same hutch, he just must know he has friends around. He doesn't do it anymore.

Gracie and animals x

Jazzy B Bunny said:
I cant really see him being bored he get so much attention. (from my family and the neiboughs) :lol: LOL maybe frustrated i dunno but when i tell him off he gives me that really cute look. then i pick him up and say are you sorry? and he holds his head in shame hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: such a funny bunny :D

lol . so darn cute :lol:

You could spray the walls of the hutch with a sour spray, made for training dogs. I know people who use that on their walls when their buns chew at their wall paper, plus its really inexpensive :wink:

Needs a friend of the bunny persuasion??? I feel like a preacher now Sooty and Lolly have have bonded. Cant recommend it highly enough! Can you fix a chewy log roll to the hutch where he chews at least that can be replaced

Back