• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elvis has died

Sweetie

Mama Doe
My little man passed away at 2.30pm yesterday afternoon. Im still in shock.

Im not sure if you read my other posts but he had stopped eating and going to the toilet. The vet gave him a clean bill of health on Monday evening. Tuesday evening when I got in from visiting my grandad in hospital, Elvis had taken a turn for the worst. He hadnt eaten anything at all and had started to produce a clear mucus like substance from his behind. He was in pain as he was grinding his teeth so I called the emergancy vet. They said to force feed him the science recovery powder and baby food with a syringe which i did. I set up a little area for him by my bed so I could keep an eye on him all night. I stayed up with him all night, feeding him and watching him rest. He continued to drink but i could hear him still grinding his teeth.
At 6am I phoned the emergancy vet again who said to ring the practice at 8am and make an emergancy appointment.
I took him in at 9.20. The vet diagnosed a bacterial infection and gave him two injections of antibiotics and another check over. His temperature was dropping. She gave me antibiotics to give him starting today and another science recovery sachet. She didnt sound very hopeful.
I got him home and set him up in the living room by the radiator with a hot water bottle in his bed when he lay for a few hours. I continued to feed him but after a while he refused to swallow the food and it just fell from his mouth.
At about 2.20pm he tried to get out of his bed but he could no longer use his back legs. He fell over on to his back so i put him into his carrier and rang the vet. They said to bring him in straight away but he never made it. He was lying on his hot water bottle in his carrier but continued to fall over, he was very distressed and in a lot of pain. I got outside the door and looked at him at he was fighting for breath and had started fitting. He looked at me, took on last breath but it was all to much for him and he passed away.
I went back in side and took him out of his carrier and held him. I sat for two hours on the living room floor holding him in a towel. I couldnt bare to let go. Eventually I plucked up the courage to ring the vet and made arrangements to take him to be cremated. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

The nurse was lovely, she took me into a room on my own and said I could stay with him for as long as I wanted and to just lay him on the table when I had said goodbye.

I cant believe this has happened. He was only 11months old. My little baby.

I havent stopped crying since yesterday morning when i first took him to the vets. I could tell from the way the vet was talking to me that there wasnt much hope.

Im just glad that he died with me at home, hopefully knowing that i loved him more than anything.

He was my cheeky little man who loved nothing more than a cuddle and a kiss. He was perfect.

It hasnt even been a day yet but i feel lost and empty without you. I kept expecting you to jump on my bed and wake me up by licking my face last night, or come bounding in to the bedroom and tug at the quilt to wake me up. This morning you werent there for a morning cuddle and a kiss or to sit by the bathroom door waiting for me to finish in the shower so I could feed you and change your water. Last night, no little cuddle bun to wait by the living room door for veggies.

We were only together for just over 7months but you made me the happiest I have ever been. You made my house a home with your funny little ways and silly personality. You were loved so much. I just hope you were happy at home with me.

Youre safe now my little man, the pain has gone. I wish there was something I couldve done to take your pain away. Im sorry so you had to go in this way. I just hope you know that you were perfect and adorable and loved in everyway possible.

This was taken on the very first day I had you. I fell in love with you instantly.
newbun.jpg

Sleep tight my precious little Elvis. Mommy loves and misses you more than you will ever know.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am so shocked I did not see your post saying he was not eating!

Poor you and poor Elvis my thoughts are with you, I can't believe it!

Binky free lil Elvis xxxxx :cry:

Im so sorry to hear about lil Elvis
Rest In Peace Lil One & Binky Free!!
Reading that brougt a tear to my eye.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Big Hugs for ya Hun! xxxx

Im so sorry. :cry:

Elvis had a great life with you and was loved very much. You need to take comfort in that

Big Hugs

Oh Sweetie, I am so dreadfully sorry, that must have been really awful for you, it is tragic. :cry: Poor little man but, as you say, he is free from pain now, binkying at the Bridge...run free little man.

What was wrong with him might have been similar to what Merlin had last year: I will tell you about it and how my vet treated it but not now.

Sorry to hear about your poor little chap, it sounds like you did everything you possibly could - it must have just been his time to go.

Binky free Elvis x

Oh holly im so sorry about elvis i really am XXXx Huge hugs to you Holly XX and binky Free little Elvis XXXX

Oh, Holly I am so sorry to hear Elvis has died, I had read how worried you had been, but didn't know how to help with any advice.

Holly he was your little man and I know you will always be thinking of him, when you are feeling low in those dark hours I know it helps to think of something funny Elvis did.

You know he will be always with you where ever you go because he will be always in your heart.

Night night little Elvis (you look after your Mum from above).

Take care and love from all of us.

Jet and his clan.

Aww honey I am sorry :( He wont be suffering anymore, his at peace now, and you did everything you could to help him. I am sure you made his final hours combatable for him. RIP little elvis.

I am so sorry to hear about Elvis and least he is at peace now and you gave him a loving, happy home for his short life. You did everthing you possibly could.
Loads of hugs and thinking of you
Kayxx

oh this is so sad :( :( :( so sorry to read about elvis, was really shocked, had briefly read he was ill, but he is free of pain and suffering now, running free with so many other bunnies :) am thinking of you. Take Care x

Am so sorry Holly.
Wot a lovely little chap Elvis was....just remember all those cuddles and snuggles you got from him!
He is at peace now....binky free Elvis!
Sending you BIG HUGS

Leesa.

Back