• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Anyone Offer...

FurryFriends

Warren Scout
...Ron and Tilly a forever home? :(

Ron and Tilly sat in rescue for over a year.

Ron has been castrated and Tilly spayed (they are a bonded pair) and they were rehomed finally in March 2005.

Ron came from a home who had bought him on impulse and given him a cardboard box as a bed on the balcony. Ron quickly chewed the box up and he was deemed too destructive.

Tilly came in as an unwanted pet. She has behavioural problems. She bit the new owners hubbie three times in the time that she was there and they decided that they were a danger to the kids.

They are not cuddly bunnies. They like to run around and do their own thing but are handlable enough to be checked over.

If anyone can offer them a home as a pair of bunnies that would be ok just to lollop around the place and just be basic garden bunnies (with somewhere safe and secure to go when people aren't around or at nighttime) then please contact us.

I don't want to see them stuck in rescue for another year. :(

Ron is a standard black male and tilly a brown and white mini-lop.

Emma (Surrey) Furry Friends Animal Rescue
020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com

r a t

this is such a shame I was so pleased to see they'd been rehomed earlier in the year...I'm sure there's someone on here with space for them??!

I'm hoping to set up the brick shed we have outside for the animals (hoping to get electricity and internet in there too so I can surf the net and spend time with the animals!) , but it will need quite a bit of work clearing it out, making it rat-proof and properly insulated etc. so not sure when it will be done by or if it'll even be started in the near future (we're having a major revamp of the garden so there's lots of other jobs that need doing)
Once it's done, if Tilly and Ron are still in need of a home I'll see if I have room for a hutch or dog crate. I'll probably keep my current bunnies indoors, so it may be possible to give Tilly and Ron free run of the shed during the day if it was bunny-proofed, they just wouldn't be able to go out on the grass all day as the dog doesn't like bunnies (their run is on the other side of the garden, there's a fence to split it so the dog can't get through, but she gets frustrated and will bark if she can see the rabbits in the run) but the shed is a fair size.
But none of the ideas for it have been thought over thoroughly and I have no idea when this would even be started, so if someone else has room for them then that'd be great.

I have the space and understanding to give these two a home but i am so far far away. It's such a shame i thought that was going to be them all happily ever after XX

well we were struggeling with the middle bit of eves run so probs not there has to be someone nearer who can offer these two buns a loving home? XX

Emma,

If you could get Ron and Tilly somewhere near Stansted Airport on Wednesday 3rd August I could bring them back to Sheffield.

Phill could then meet me at a service station near Manchester and take them home with her. (If that's OK with Phill obviously!).

This would have to be sorted out by tommorow at the latest as I am flying out to Germany on Saturday.

Louise

I am away from monday to the wednesday so wouldn't be able to do anything until the thursday and i wouldn't be able to get as far down as manchester but if someone could do part bunny run from manchester to somewhere in the lakes then as i say i have a spare run and they would pretty much be left to be bunny's :D

I could certainly keep them at my place for a few days until a bunny run further north is sorted. (If that's OK with Emma!) I'm sorry but we wont be able to go any further then Manchester.

Louise

:D

This is fantastic news!

I handled these two yesterday and they were no trouble. In fact Tilly was very subdued. I think she is upset at being moved back here again. Her hutch is alot smaller than she is now used to. She had a part of the garage sectioned off before.

Of course I would be more than happy for Louise to hold them for however long it takes. They can have a chat with Ted and Boo. :)

I could possible tie this in with another job actually. I have a cat that is looking at being drowned that I have been asked to take from Sheffield so with careful planning this could work out very well!

Emma

Wonderful news Emma if you would like a look at my runs and things i can certainly take pics for you. Would you need a reference from me or anything? and are both ron and tillyy vaccinated as i know there both neutered. they would be outside bunny's here is that ok? and would they possibly live with any other bunnys?

Phill.

If you could contribute towards petrol money we could meet you some where in the Lakes with Ron and Tilly?

Emma,

We could meet you at Travelodge Cambridge West A14 at midday approx on Wednesday 3rd August if that's OK? Its about 35 miles before Stansted Airport (northbound side).

I'm afraid we cant meet you the other side of Stansted airport as our disabled nephew will be with us and I don’t want to take him too far from where we know. (If you get my meaning!)

Re. Cat in Sheffield. My partner could certainly pick the Cat up and bring him/her down to meet you on Wednesday 3rd August. The Cat will have to be picked up on the Tuesday 2nd August, as my partner will be leaving Sheffield early in the morning on Wednesday.

I am a little bit concerned that my partner will say something to the people that are threatening to drown the Cat and things turn a bit nasty. He does tend to voice his opinions unfortunately. Is the Cat in a foster home or with its present owners?

This will all have to be sorted out tomorrow at the very latest as I am flying out to Germany on Saturday 30th July.

Louise

Louise would you really be willing to drive all that way! :shock: Gosh i mean if you could great i can certainly give you petrol money!

Good ol' Louise! :D

The cat is in the care of a lady who rescued her, or at least she will be as she can't be taken till a home is offered. She is a young cat, probably pregnant and very thin. Her story is on Dog Pages.

Emma

I wont be able to take Ron and Tilly as they are not vaccinated and my finds wont stretch that far until next year when all the vaccs are due again. There has to be somewhere out there that can give ROn and Tilly an understanding home where they can just be bunny's?

Back