• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alert> BABY BUNNY ON THE BLOCK! *PICS* Few Questions 2

Blossom_Flora

Young Bun
NEW BUNNY ALERT!!!!

Hopefully when she is bigger (only 8 wks old) i can try and bond her and Blossom together!!! We got her from the New Forest Show, she was huddled up with loads of other bunnies in the corner, I felt so sorry for her and just had to take her home!!!! Ok, well anyway, I hope shes a she like they told me!!! Well ill soon find out!!! Anyway, I have a few questions!!! Here goes:

1. Ok stupid question but which name do you prefer? Bluebell or Sparkle?? Or if neither what name do you suggest?!!
2. Is there a special name for her colour becuase I think it has been mentioned on here before I just can't remember it!!! Shes not grey all over but ind of lots of different shades!!!
3. Her wee is a bit orange but I have been told this is nothing to worry about, is this right??? I remember my buns having that when they were only little, I have also been told it could just be where she has peed on the same spot lots making the shavings orange!?
4. Do you have any advice on how to go about bonding these two buns when they are older, I have heard on here that you can try doing it on a car journey!

If you have any advice please let me know!!! Sorry if these photos are huge I have no idea how to resize them!!! LOL!!

S9.jpg

S8.jpg

S7.jpg

S6.jpg

S5.jpg

S4.jpg

S3.jpg

S2.jpg

s.jpg

What do you think!!!! Don't worry I was watching her in the plug picture, they are of her in the horsebox on the way back!!!!

awwww she is going to grow into a right little stunner she is a beautiful colour :D

now to your questions, love both names and think either would suit her maybe sparkle is more neutral incase she was sexed wrong?

Bunny wee does come in different colours sometimes what they have eaten can cause a clour change.

How old is blossom? Has she been spayed? Bonding would be much easier if both girls were neutered first.

Blossom is about one and a half. When I do try and bond them ill make sure that Bluebell (had a debate with my family and they like Bluebell!) is a lot bigger as she is about half the size of Blossom at the mo!!

I was thinking of going to the New Forest show tomorrow, but the weather is not lookibg too good! Probably for the best, if you can buy bunnies there, I would want them all!

She is so cute!

mmm thats what i like about the southsea show you can no longer by your rabbits there just from the breeders

Oh i love your new bunny. She looks a little like Bindi (v.naughty Bindi!!)

Breed? She could be a Magpie (basically black/grey and white), or a Harlequin. It doesn't quite look like she has a centre parting like a Harlequin. Not a parting as such but a half and half in colouring.

This pic of Bindi running from me might help (she a lilac harlequin)-
P7180082.jpg

Bluebell, was one of the names i had on my list for Bindi, along with Sherbert, Stardust, and Wilbuhr. I like the name Sparkle but it brings a tear to my eye (one of my managers dogs was called Sparkle and she got run over by a car!!)

She looks like a female. She has a long face. Males usually have a bigger forehead. But don't take that to heart as you can never tell, by looks.

Gracie and animals x

Can you have them living next to each other inadjacent pens?hutches. This worked for Sooty and Lolly. Bonding was very smooth.
This is the old set up
bond001.jpg

Are both the bunnies you will be bonding girls? and will they both be neutured? Girls can be very fiesty so waiting till she (i think sparkle) is neutured will probably save you alot of hassle. Keeping them in the setup shown above would be perfect so they can learn they are part of the same warren.

well actually we have a double decker hutch so one is on the top and one on the bottom. I am going to try and make a divider in the run though since i dont have the ideal set up in the hutches!

Back