• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Lily - posted on behalf of Phill

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
Lily has gone to Rainbow bridge today :cry: :cry: :cry:

Phill is too upset to post so I have doen it for her so she can see support from everybody.

She had Pasteurella as you all know and it got the better of her :(

Phill will update you all when she feels stronger :cry: :cry:

Binky free little Lily and say hi to all your friends in bunny heaven xxxxx

Aw, poor Phill, I am so very, very sorry to hear this. Binky free little Lily. Thinking of you, Phill, you are always so supportive to everyone else when they are sad. :cry: Big hugs xxxx

phill , i don,t know what to say, i,m sitting here at work breaking my heart for you , i know how hurt you are feeling just now . I,m dreadfully sorry to hear this news - if there were any words I could say to you to make it alright then I,d say it ./ I,m here for you as you have been for me .

Binky free little girl - give cheekybun a hug from his mummy . xx

this is heartbreaking . :(

Thank you all so much, i have had a cry and i have stopped shaking. I can pick Lilly up tonight when i finish work.

It appears that the infection had got into a vein in her eye which runs from the eye to the back of her throat and it burst under the pressure of all the puss. She often got a bit of puss in her eye and we used to clean this and put her drops in it when it happend but usually cleared in a few days. She ad to have antibiotics no and agin but only about twice.

We noticed that her eye was a little saw on sunday so we cleaned it and put her drops in and all was fine monday and tuesday.

When i went out this morning i noticed that her eye was shut so i got a bit of cotton wool and gave it a wipe to clear the stuck bits and open her eye up and when i did puss came gushing out and wouldn't stop. So i went of to the vets and Hazel said they would keep her in give her a bit of gas and give it a proper clean and flushing as it was obviously very painful and she wound'nt let us clean it properly.

Hazel and Andy put her under at 12.30 and started to flush and clean the eye, about 5 mins in they noticed blood coming form the back of er mouth and her blood pressure had dropped they stopped what hey were doing and tryed everything to stop her going to the bridge but it was to late. The vein had burst and they couldn't fix it.

So my little baby has gone to the bridge to be with her friends and her dad. I will miss her terribly and even typing this i am crying again.

Thank you to Carys for posting for me nd thank you to everyone else you are all so supportive of everyone XXXX

Good night my sweet XXX

lilag2.jpg

p.s lilly is the lop

aw phil , you have been through so much lately , this is just not fair . There are times when words will not really mean anything but I am thinking of you . x

Phill, I just don't know what to say except I am so so sorry. I really thought things were looking up after she got Agido, at least she isn't suffering anymore and I just hope know that some good news comes of Jack (fingers crossed). Give yourself and Agido a great big massive hug from all of us.
Take care and tell Lilly I am glad she had a couple of weeks of happiness again with Agido as she really deserved it after what she had been through.
Loads of Love & Hugs to you & your mum
Kayxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LILY

SOOOOO SORRY :cry:
I want to let you know we are thinking of you Phil and you did all you could for Lily.I too have lost bunnies after illness and it hits very hard.We are here to support you through your sad loss.
Bunny LOve
Lynne

LILY

SOOOOO SORRY :cry:
I want to let you know we are thinking of you Phil and you did all you could for Lily.I too have lost bunnies after illness and it hits very hard.We are here to support you through your sad loss.
Bunny LOve
Lynne

Oh no Phill, I am so sorry to hear about lily. Big hugs to you and your family Phill. Im sure Lily is binkying to her hearts content with her dad and all her friends. xxx

Oh Phill....you have had so much loss to deal with in the last few months.
I am thinking of you...sending you (((HUGS))).
Poor Lily... :(
Im so sorry.
Binky free Lily with all your friends

Leesa.

Oh Phil.. im so sorry to hear that Lily has passed over the bridge. You really have had a tough time of late. You certainly gave her the best life she could wish for.
Take care Phil, Hugs!
Chris, Simba and Nala

Oh Phill, I'm so sorry. You did all you could to save her, and tried your best! We are here for you if you need to talk, just remember that!

Rest in Peace Lily, binky free!

Back