• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good News ... Buttercup Not Pregnant

chinakit

Warren Scout
Good news regarding by little bunny Buttercup, she isn't pregnant after all. She started fur pulling and nest building last week, but this week the nest is abandoned and destroyed, just flat and mixed in with the hay. Just to be sure, I popped her in to see the vet, who confirmed that she isn't preggie, thank goodness for that!! Although I would have cared for (and probably kept) all the babies, I am relieved that she is not pregnant.

Both my girls are now booked in to be spayed on Thursday.

Wesley, who was castrated last Friday has recovered soooo well, you would never think he had had 'that' op :D And to think what men are like when they have had the snip :wink: He is eating well too, despite having on-going tooth problems (I will make a separate post about this)

Chinakit
Jane

hi

Oh that's great news - she'll be relieved to be spayed I bet - hopefully it will be a turning point for her and she'll settle down afterwards :D

I really hope everything goes ok with the spaying ... I am panicking already, and they are not in until Thursday :shock:

hi

tell me about it - I've not had the courage to book my 5 girls in yet - although I have found out what time the buses run :?

I was a total wreck when my little dog was spayed, yet she was absolutely fine, and back to normal within a day. I just hope the bunnies will be the same.

Jane xxx

Back