• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gloucestershire to Norwich - success story!

Lizzie

Mama Doe
Would anyone be able to help, please, with getting Leila from Julie (Towsbuns) in Northampton to her new home in Norwich around the 12/13/14th August? Leila is around 6/7 years old, quite a large lady who will be travelling in a small hutch (around 3' x 1.5') - she is at present with Alice in Gloucestershire but Julie is going to collect her from Gloucestershire and take her on to Northampton on the 11th. :D Is there anyone who can help, thereafter, with the onward journey to Norwich? :wink:

And thanks Tams for allowing me to post here! :D Think I've been a good girl, eh? :wink:

Ooooh yes, I do apologise Alice, m'dear!!! There is just the small matter of me not having quite got as far as finally liaising with you yet to say that I will come and collect her on Wednesday 10th if that is OK with you, bring her back up to the "Palace" so that Julie can pick her up on Thursday 11th to travel back to Northampton! :wink: :D

You are an absolute star Lizzie, of course that is fine. I believe I am missing a small colony of buns after your last visit, do you have anything to declare!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, just to say the 3 buns who came in on Sunday, with your expert navigation, are fine. Obviously I love them to bits and am already worrying about when they leave me to pastures new!!

Also.... this does not happen to be your week off work when you are ferrying buns about? I thought when you worked time off was for rest and recreation?

Alice

Are you still looking for help with transport from Peterborough to norwich? I could possibly do it on the friday 12th but im not sure if a hutch would fit. I have a vw polo but dont know if i could get it onto the back seat. I will try find a measuring tape if you are still in need of transport and see if i would physically be able to do it. Is this one going to Cheryl?

Chris we have a VW polo (old shape) and managed to fit a 3ft hutch on the back seats with plenty of room to spare.

Hope all goes to plan!

Louise

ellepotter said:
Chris we have a VW polo (old shape) and managed to fit a 3ft hutch on the back seats with plenty of room to spare.

Hope all goes to plan!

Louise
Oh right thanks Louise. :D

Just thought it would be nice to publicly thank Chris for her very kind offer! And also to say thank you to honeyem22 who PM'd me last night to offer her help. Thank you both so very much.

In the end, the plan had to change quite drastically as Julie doesn't need to come down to Bristol after all. So to cut a long story short: Alice brought Leila to me in Gloucester on Thursday evening, from where I took her to Jeremy and Caroline, who then took her to Tracy in Rugby when they collected the delectable Elroy yesterday! Julie is collecting her from Tracy and delivering her to a lady who lives in Coventry who just happens to be travelling to Norfolk tomorrow for a holiday, so she is going to take her to her new mate, Dougie, in Norwich! :D

Kelly doesn't post on here but she has expressed her extreme gratitude for everyone who has helped with this run - Alice to start with for rescuing the little lady and giving her such a wonderful home, Jeremy and Caroline for giving her bed and breakfast on Thursday night and taking her to Tracy and Julie for collecting her from Tracy so that she can be delivered for the final leg of the journey! Well done everybodeeeeeee, it's wonderful when everything falls into place isn't it? Especially when it is for the bunnies. :D

Lizzie is an absolute star. I only met her a short time ago and she has turned up mega trumps, thank you Lizzie and every one else who helped.
xxxx alice

Back