• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BABY RABBITS NEED SPECIAL HOMES

I have 2 pairs of baby rabbits aged (estimated) 8 weeks, they have been vet checked and are believed to be girls. All of these buns are agouti and white with dutch markings.

I have another pair who were born here 2 days after their mother arrived, these were born on 25 June so will not be ready to leave their mother for 4 more weeks. One is agouti, dutch like white markings, the other little one is black with white markings.

They all originated form a dreadful background, the 2 mothers and father were able to run free through several gardens, as they were not neutered the poor little mothers were producing as often as possible. Many of the baby buns born there were killed by local cats.

The one mother (with the pair) appears to be very fit and healthy, as too are all the babies. Sadly the constant producing, lack of food etc has taken its toll on the other mother and to be honest I did not think she would live. She is very snuffly however I am pleased to say she looks much better now!

As for father, he looks worn out! I hope to bond him with the more sickly of the mothers eventually and seek them a special needs home together.

These babies are like precious jewels, they are obviously too young for neutering, and too young to establish their genders for certain. They will also need vaccinating if adopted from here before I am able to get this done.

Alice

These are the MOST beautiful babies :D They just steal your heart :love: Poor sick Mum is the dearest delicate dainty little lady, so they are bound to stay adorable all their lives.

Just to update on these little souls. I have found 2 wonderful homes for 2 of them, I hate splitting them at this age but the homes are too special to miss :? :? :? :? They are more than happy to take on any neutering, vaccinations necessary to provide thier new pet with a loving special home.
Therefore, I currently have two girlies from the first litter and the younger pair, who are 5 weeks old today, from the second litter.
I only home babies with the proviso their new owners undertake vaccinations against VHD, myxo, or provide details of a jolly good preventative alternative, and accept they will need spaying.

Alice

Back