• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Jack

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Well Jack has been with me for two weeks now! Last week he developed a wet nose! I though he was maybe getting it wet when he was drinking, but it has since got wetter. There is no sneezing or gurgley chest and he his eating drinking and pooping fine! I am taking him to the vets tonight just to be on the safe side, but for now any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks Guys XXX

I couldn't get to the vet last night, Baillie is still very ill and he had to have a GA yesterday so i soent my evening looking after him.

I was gettin a wee bit worried about snuffles as he has had the runny nose for a week now but no sneezing or eye weeping or gurgely chest or anything. At first i thought that maybe he was just being messy when he was drinking but it'd def not that.

If he does have pasturela then not to worry as i have two girls with it so he can go and live with them. Obviously i don't want him to have it though.

I am going to try to get to the vets tommorow night as i have to work this evening! Pants! Why is life so hectic! I will let you all know as soon as i get to the vet XXX

getting there . had a bad night last where i was just missing him so much . I had nothing to do and just sat there in a heap - just missing him :( . I,m a bit cheerier now but I have my moments .

Aww Gina you'll get there i still miss all my buns some nore than others and esp Patch but i will always remember them and have a place in my heart for them XX

Back