• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

how do i know they are grown?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi my giants are 22 weeks old now, and hermionie is now 6.2kg approx (my scales are not brill) so i am wondering when i know she is fully grown so i can stop feeding ab lib!

also i have a bonding problem hagrid is been neutered just a week ago so i know they cant go together yet (as much as they are both house rabbits and when i let one out the other looks at me with them puppy dog eyes to say not fair! i am wondering if its thate standard 6 week wait or it would be longer for giants?

also how am i gonna bond these, they are both when out are free range in the house and cant bond in the garden because hagrid cant go on the grass because of his hyper sensitivity to green food! so i am wondering what to do

also they have been in cages next to each other since they were 8 weeks old but they pay no attention to each other never have really, is this good or bad?

Eve x

omg i completely forgot how silly of me :oops: :oops:

i didnt realise they didnt live together but of course they dont i am sure you would have lots of giants by now if they did! i am sooo silly :D

anyway that has not answered your question at all Eve :D

u can stop feeding ad lib now i should think my mini rex r 14 weeks old and have stoped there morning feed and just get hay in the morning. urs havnt stoped growing yet , it will take about 18 months to be fully grown for a giant
becky

u can stop feeding ad lib now i should think my mini rex r 14 weeks old and have stoped there morning feed and just get hay in the morning. urs havnt stoped growing yet , it will take about 18 months to be fully grown for a giant
becky

u can stop feeding ad lib now i should think my mini rex r 14 weeks old and have stoped there morning feed

Should I stop feeding Splodge add lib now then as he's nearly 16 weeks? :?

in fact mine were never on ad lib but just had loads of hay like all my rabbits and double food eg feeding pellets once in morning with hay and once at nite with veg and touch wood never had any probs with them
becky

also they are on burgress dwalf pellets and it has no feed directions for giants :shock: :lol: how much are they supposed to have?

Back