• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fudge is being spayed tommorrow!!!!!!

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Well Fudge is being spayed tommorrow, I feel sick with worry! Poor wee critter was hoping around the playroom tonight and I was thinking 'this time tommorrow will you still be here...' Clove has been spayed, but I am still worried about Fudge! If anything happens her I don't know what Clove and I will do! I am trying not to think like that but I can't help it, how am I going to sleep?

Everyone wish Fudge luck! I will keep you guys updated!

darn, I posted it in the wrong area! :oops: :oops: I can't move it, sorry guys! great, nothing has gone right today! :(

Thanks! :D

To make matter worse, my dog needs to go as well, she has an ear problem and I am hoping it isn't canker (sp?)! :cry:

hi

Oh good luck for Fudge - hope she recovers well - Vets always refuse to give extra painkillers for some stupid reason - but ask anyway!

I've got 5 girls to get spayed ASAP and I'm dreading it :shock:

Good luck with your 5! From now on I hope to rescue only spayed/neutred rabbits, I really can't cope with the stress, and poor clove as well! The vets seem good and clove got through ok, so fingers crossed!

My dog hannah has shaken her head 5 times in less than 5 mins, I hope it is just the hair growing back, although she has never been this bad before, poor girl, she loves the vets (she is undoubtly the nosiest dog on this planet), but after a nasty accident with her ears at the groomers she is nervous about others apart from the family look at them! :(

Fudge is in :cry: and my dog has a grass seed or something stuck in her ear, so has to be 'knocked out' as well! :cry:

Re: hi

elve said:
I've got 5 girls to get spayed ASAP and I'm dreading it :shock:

:lol: :lol: Awwww elve - second mortgage time me thinks gal :lol: :wink:

Good Luck little Fudge at the Vets - I'm sure all will be fine and your bestest bunster will be home for loads of cuddles and TLC.

hi

Only £300! :shock: I was going to go on holiday this week but made a major life decision - so that's my holiday money (in fact the hol would have cost nearly £1000 - my girls were a bargain :D )

Hope Hannah is OK too Beebop - when will you hear about them? Main thing is to get Fudge drinking and eating - I think Hannah will be fine :)

Benny was so depressed last week after losing Pepsi - I had to bat him on the nose with wet plantain leaves and clover before he 'woke up' and helped himself - it was like coaxing a baby to eat their pureed spinach up! But he ate it eventually - I think it takes about 8 hours for them to come round from the anaesthetic properly though, so find out what time she had the op - if it was this afternoon you may have to encourage her to eat at about 2am - best not leave it till morning or they go off eating really...and they find it easier to drink from a dish too...

Good luck Fudge and Hannah :)

Thanks elve!

i am phoning them up at 3pm and then will pick both up around 5-6 this evening! Hopefully both of them!!!!! :shock:

I am going to get a new needless feeding syringe, just incase I need to force feed her, doubt that as fudge lives for food, poor clove always gets head butted out of the way when there is new tasty food around, but she head butts back, tis very funny to see!

The house feels so empty without my big hairy goof ball of an airedale terrier and Clove had might as well be at the vets as well, she looks miserable without her big sister and just lies there, won't eat or do anything, the sooner fudge gets home the better! Poor bunsters and doggie!

BTW this is Hannah:
Pic_0086.jpg

Fudge is being spayed tommorrow!!!!!! *Update*

Well my mum just phoned up there about 15 mins ago, and both Fudge and Hannah are ok! :D

Clove is still a bit depressed and confused but did eat a little, oh I cannot wait to get them, lets just hope fudge eats again soon! Keep your fingers crossed! I am picking them up around 5pm and will let you all know how she is!

Fudge is eating again, straight home and she was eating!!! :shock: is that normal, she also wanted out to play! :shock: Weird rabbit..... :roll:

I suppose that is the painkillers. :wink:

so glad fudge is feeling better straight away its the thought of coming home to her mum!

glad everthing went well

lisa

Beehop, I notice your pic. of those dutch rabbits. Are they really naughty? Do they make nice household rabbits? Or did you always like them stay outside?

I like the look of dutch, but a breeder told me the bigger the rabbit, the better they are as household pet.

Well they are inside a lot, but go outside to hop around on the grass, and yeah they make good house bunnies, but Fudge did pee over the carpet until she was spayed and hopefully she won't now she has been fixed, Clove doesn't. To be honest it all depends on the rabbit, most bunnies are very naughty (in a cute puppyish way :lol: ) and size doesn't always matter on whether they make good house rabbits or not and all bunnies have the potentiual to make good indoor rabbits. :wink:

Back