• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sticky Bum

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys i was doing my clean and feed last night and general check of buns, and when we got to Molly i picked her up for a snuggle and discovered she had very sloppy poo all on her rear end! Needless to say we cleaned her bum, and she wasn't acting unusual in anyway just her normal bouncy self.

She hasn't done this before she always has very solid poo what could it be?

Doesn't this happen when bunnies have to much veg/rich food? Fudge had this on monday and just happen to be going to vets for a jab. Vet asked me if I'd changed her diet, I hadn't but suddenly realised I'd given her pineapple juice the day before,felt so daft, but I think I let her have more than I should! (moulting like mad I don't want her getting a blockage) The vet even checked her temp which was normal, later that day she'd even clean herself up before I had chance to!

Mmm She hasn't had anything she hasn't had sonce she got here just grass pellets and hay :?

I don't know Fudge and Treacle seem to be prone to the odd bout of messy bum for no apparent reason! :? I usually just keep them in the cage give them lots of hay and don't give them any veg until they're better, I don't have any problems with my other rabbits and they all have the same diet! :?

mmmm i may have to do this my only prob is that she lives with Flora, Jassmine and Rex and there all fine i didn't really want to sperate her off as this would break the bond they have :? Unless i seperate her and get her her own boyf!!!! I think not!

If just one gets it i only usually have to separate them for half a day until their poos are normal again and it doesn't seem to affect their bond!

Thanks Touie i will check her when i get home and see if she still has sticky bum i will seperate her for a wee bit XXX

Hi Phill, she has probably eaten more grass than the others as she is a bit greedy as you will have found out.
Love
Kayxx

Yeh that could be it Kay i checked her last night and we had no sticky bottom but i will just keep an eye XX

Back