• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zebedee, Sunshine and Old Lace

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
Meet my new fella Zebedee. We had a bit of a rocky start to our relationship as the first thing he did was bite a chunk out of my hand, but he has settled down nicely and now associates me with nice pieces of guinea pig food rather than as a threat. He had a rotten start to life so I don't blame him for being aggressive. His dreadful owner must have hit him - you could tell from his reactions, and she set a dog on him and tried to kill him :shock: Alice rescued him but felt he needed more space which I am giving him. He loves running and jumping and climbing. I will try and bond him to Isadora when I pluck up the nerve. He is hard to take a pic of as he never stops moving unless he dashes straight over to you to ask for treats.
zebs.jpg

And here is Sunshine, who also came from Alice, and Old Lace, who I just rescued from some friends who have been wanting to rehome her for a while. They knew they were neglecting her, but I am sure didn't realise how much :( I am very worried about her. She has infections in both ears and both eyes. I didn't realise about her ears when I put her with Sunshine. But if only all bonding were so easy. These two went straight together, no problems, unlike when I tried to get Isadora to bond with him :evil: Isa is such a madam. Sunshine is such a gentle boy. He is being so nice to Lace as he senses she doesn't feel well - except for pinching her food that is :roll: He is a gorgeous softy, and a very big lad. Old Lace is 2.3 kg even in her poor condition and I would say he could easily be twice her size.
sunshineandoldlace1.jpg

sunshineandoldlace2.jpg

Sunshine and Old Lace look like they were made for each other :D , I hope her infections clear up soon.

Zebedee is a beauty, I hope that sooner rather than later he'll learn that he can be friendly because he's safe now. Good luck with the bonding, I don't envy you :?

Awww Louise they are all beautifil! I love...... Nahh i can't decide i love them all!! XXXX

Hi Louise,

It is so wonderful to see these bunnies happy with you. I am particularly delighted to see Sunshine with his special little wife!

Dear Zebedee. I am sure he must feel less at angst with the world now he has so much space. Good luck with the bonding, Idadora is so beautiful and she knows it! Perhaps the younger male is just what she needs!

Alice x

Wow what a cute matched pair at the bottom - lucky Old Lace is smaller otherwise it would have been difficult to tell them apart!

Caz

aaaawwwww gorgeous bunnies, and great photos :wink: :)
Zebedee has smashing markings , very similar to our Rosie rabbits.
Best wishes

Zebs gave me a terrible fright today. I got home from a lovely day out at
Ragley Hall and he wasn't there jumping up the fence asking for a treat. He had dug a big hole, but he wasn't down the hole. He had moved the old hutch that they use as a shelter out of the way, made a brick fall down the hole by undermining it, crawled under the inside fence, and then climbed several feet up a tree and got over the outside fence :shock: I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to find him again. I went crawling around inside the bushes looking for him - lots of bushes, lots of thorns :( Luckily he was in there trying to get through the fence to get to the other rabbits. But he was through the thickest patch of briar, that neither he nor I could get through. I had to climb next doors fence (they were out) and entice him with guinea pig food. Thank goodness he has come to associate me with treats! Then I realsied that I couldn't climb the fence again holding him even if I caught him :roll: So I had to climb out again, go back in my garden and catch the rabbits in the end pen and then go back to luring him with guinea food. He kept coming close enough to reach the food but not for me to catch :roll: Then he went away again. I was scared to lunge for him in case he ran off entirely. But he came back after a while and I managed to catch him, nice and gently so he didn't even struggle :D Then I had to peel back the wire off the top of my fence and drop him into the rabbit run that end. Note to self - fix that in the morning :? Then I had to catch him again as that is a big run with lots of hiding places. :roll: Magic and Acorn were not impressed at their run being invaded. It was a good thing I thought to shut them in. He is such a good boy though, and I think he likes me now :D

Lace has eaten some carrot tops and had a reiki session from a friend of mine and is now looking more relaxed. I do so hope she gets through this.

Awwww sounds like these three are keeping you on your toes Louise - they are really fab bunnies - and Lace - what a bosta of a bunny - he looks really big bouncy softy of a bunny.

Hope Zeb is settleing down ok and has adjusted to his new diet rather than nibbleing his mum :shock:

It was bunny proof - it just wasn't Zebedee proof :roll: Some rabbits are just born houdinis :? He is only going in the run against the house from now on so that when he digs it goes nowhere. And if he escapes he is still in the garden, although world war three will probably happen whichever run he gets into :? But the fences are all 4 ft high and new and there is wire bent over at the bottom so they are hopefully Zebedee proof.

I filled in the hole in the run he escaped from yesterday, refastened the inner layer of fence to the outer layer, reinforced it with bricks and then put paving slabs and a hutch over the place where the hole was. Then I put a different pair of rabbits in there. They were being too hard to catch in the big run anyway, and at least Zebs has proved himself easy to catch. So he got a bigger run out of the escapade :lol: It already has a well established burrow that he explored with great enthusiasm, no doubt he will add to it.

Back