• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Education Via Course Seminar

Have you taken a formal course in rabbit education and/or rabbit care?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I would like to.

• Total voters

midnightbunny

Young Bun
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post about a new course I am taking this upcoming December regarding rabbit education.

Here in the states, I have registered via the local veterinary college for an exotic pets seminar with emphasis on the care of rabbits. I'm very excited about this. I have been a proud rabbit owner since 1985, and am always eager to learn about updated veterinary information regarding the care of rabbits.

I just wanted to write in and ask if anyone else has taken a formal course regarding rabbits or been to a seminar involving the care of rabbits this year or in the past? How did you feel about the course material in regards to the care of your own rabbits? Was the course everything you thought it would be? Just curious.

Sincerely,

Michelle :bunny:

p.s. My course is set for December 3rd.

Hello Michelle :D :wave:
Your seminar sounds brilliant, no wonder you are excited about attending it :)
I have not had any formal rabbit training, except what I have learnt via hands on :shock: :!: :lol: and through books.
The Rabbit Welfare Association over here holds a seminar once a year, and leading rabbits vets etc attend, to discuss the latest veterinary information and other things rabbit :)

I would like to spend a day with a leading bunny vet, to enable me to exchange ideas, and see what they make of my methods :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Hope you and all your beautiful bunnies are well over in the States.
Sending lots of love and hugs, I will be in touch again very soon :wink:
XXXXXXXXXX

Re: Rabbit Education Classes...

Adele said:
Hello Michelle :D :wave:
Your seminar sounds brilliant, no wonder you are excited about attending it :)
I have not had any formal rabbit training, except what I have learnt via hands on :shock: :!: :lol: and through books.
The Rabbit Welfare Association over here holds a seminar once a year, and leading rabbits vets etc attend, to discuss the latest veterinary information and other things rabbit :)

I would like to spend a day with a leading bunny vet, to enable me to exchange ideas, and see what they make of my methods :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Hope you and all your beautiful bunnies are well over in the States.
Sending lots of love and hugs, I will be in touch again very soon :wink:
XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you so much Adele for the words of support and encouragement. I'm very excited about this upcoming course, and like you, up until this point, have only had experience through the years via "hands on learning" with my own rabbits. :rabbit2:

So in taking this course, I hope to hear more about what veterinary science has to offer in the care of rabbits, etc. I believe there is a rabbit medicine course being offered as well, but the pre-requisites may keep me from being able to sign up. I am curious though, and will definitely try to get in. We shall see. In any case, I'm just so excited. :lol:

p.s. Can you believe it ... I'm posting!!! hee hee :lol: I'm trying to get online more and more and to become more comfortable with posting in the forum. It's amazing, because even though I have my own website, I'm a bit shy online. It's hard to find something to post about due to fear of rejection I suppose. You have always made it so easy though Adele. Thank you for always being such a wonderful friend. It means a lot to me.

Love and Bunny Hugs,

:bunny:

Where is your seminar? Are they being held across the country? I would love to attend one. I have only had rabbits for a little over a year and there is only so much you can learn through books, experience, and of course this fab forum!

To be honest, there aren't a great deal of amateur courses over here, esp rabbit-focussed ones, unless you do formal vetinerary training or similar. I have looked. I'm afraid we're not quite as advanced when it comes to rabbits as you guys are in the States... Having said that I was looking recently into a short distance learning course on Animal Behaviour; it was not rabbit specific but included rabbits as a topic which I think you could give special focus to. But this was tiny part of the overall course.

Really I was quite disappointed when looking for courses myself. I think I'll just stick to the reading...

P.S. If anyone is holding a rabbit seminar in the SE soon, please let me know as I would be interested in attending.

I have always thought the UK was more advanced then we are. It is hard to find a bunny vet here (atleast in my area) and I can't find anyone to do a tooth extraction. I had troubles getting my vet to spay my does. Maybe it is just my area that seems so behind the rest of the world!

Back