• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor poor Angel

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Angel was one of our buns, she was rehomed recently to a lovely new home to stay with three other beautiful bunnies, she settled in straight away. This morning we got a distraught phone call from her owner to say that she and two of the other bunnies had been slaughtered by a dog last night. The dog had gotten loose from a neighbouring garden and ripped the run to bits to get at them. The people who had the dog were not apologetic at all, they merely said 'ah well, they had a good life with you when they were alive' and that the dog wasn't theirs anyway they were 'looking after it for a friend and it goes back home tomorrow'. The remaining bun is severely traumatised. I cannot get out of my head the picture of the sheer terror which must have taken hold of Angel and her buddies. I don't think I'll sleep very well tonight :(

Angel had a **** life, first of all she was an unwanted kid's pet along with another bun. For months, the kids kept letting the buns out and they would be loose for days on end, running about on nearby waste ground. They contacted us. We never managed to find her partner :( , so she came to stay with us on her own. Angel was chosen to be a buddy for Rodger (who looked identical), but he hated her and really hurt her within seconds of meeting her. We immediately separated them and Rodger went home, partner-less. Then Joan came along and adopted her, offering a wonderful loving home.

Angel was a gentle, shy girl, she didn't deserve to die like that.

~ Binky free my sweet Angel, nothing can hurt you or your buddies now. Watch over Toffee and try to keep him safe. Take all our love to the spirit buns ~

angel

OMG how blo-dy awful for you :( :( :( what a dreadful thing to happen :( :( :( made even harder by the dogs guardians callous atitude to your beloved bunnies :cry: :cry: :cry: I think I would have lost my temper with people like that & told them what I thought of them :x :x :x :evil: :evil: they sound plain evil :evil: :evil: :evil: try to think of the good times you had with them & not dwell on this ghastly event :( :( :( I should think that it wasover quickly & they didn,t really know what was happening to them (lets hope) :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a terrible thing to happen. You must be distraught.
Binky free Angel, where nothing can hurt you now.

Some people make me plain SICK. You should get someone onto them, the RSPCA or something. You might be able to prove that the dog was incorrectly tethered or whatever. Either way, it won't bring back poor Angel and her friends. The attitude of those people just APPALLS me. How could they say that??!! If that had been me, I'd have wanted to chuck myself off a building for being so irresponsible. The problem is, people have different "levels" of animals - dogs and cats are high animals, but rabbits and guineas are low animals and therefore don't have feelings. Like my Mum who said that paying money to have my darling mouse Vincent PTS was a waste. Yeah, right.

Sorry, I needed to rant as well after reading that horrific story. I feel so sorry for you, Angel, and her friends. She will be at the bridge now, with no-one to hurt her.

AMETHYST

thats so sad , poor poor angel and poor other bunnies . Omg i,m so shocked that anyone can be so dry as that , omg , i,m angry - how dare anyone say "oh well they had a good life" and do nothing . absolutely disgusting , totally totally foul .
its so sad that angel had such a bad start in life only for it to end like that . :(

Cheekybun , look after these poor babies.

OH that is terrible! Those poor bunnies! I'm so sorry that such an awful thing happened to them! :cry: Poor Angel, I hope that justice is done... those people make me sick!

Oh Lynda, this is terrible for you and Angels new owner. Poor buns, I just pray it was over quick for them. I cannot believe the attitude of those people, I think I would have floored them :evil: , how dare they be so uncaring, they should be mortified at what happened. The owner of the dog should definitaly be informed as it could attack again if near small animals.
Thinking of you tonight. I know you will be so distressed.

Lynda, I'm so sorry to hear about Angel and her friends. :(

Damn those people for saying what they did - nothing could have changed the outcome, but how can people be so cruel and unsympathetic - the new owners must be distraught.

I hope that the remaining bun has the strength to pull through this - poor little thing. Binky free Angel and friends - look after each other, and your little pal.

I know how upset you'll be Lynda but please remember the happiness that Angel knew in the last few months with yourselves and then her new bunny friends. Molly and Rob send you lots and lots of bunny hugs, and hope that you do get some sleep tonight.

Lynn x

Oh Lynda, that is so utterly shocking and so distressing. I cannot help thinking it is a bad enough if a fox gets them but for something like this to happen. God forbid that my little doglets would ever harm any other living creature but if they did I would be beside myself - I feel bad enough if they put their dirty paws on a child's clean trousers!!! I can hardly believe that those people could be so callous....poor babies, I hope they were frightened to death before the horrid creature got his paws or jaws on them. Rest in peace little ones and binky free and safe away from the horror of this earth and as HB always says, do take our love to the spirit buns, they will look after you.....little Cheeky will put a caring paw around you all....no more fear, no more anguish. :cry:

How incredibly horrible. I'm so sorry...
Thats so sad that she never really got to live the real life of a bunny with love, cuddles, and tons of binkys.

Binky free Angel xxx

Run free little ones,

Thinking of you to the little bun who has lost your little friends.

Jet, Lui, Treacle (Alison and Stephen).

Thats absolutely appalling Lynda, made worse by callous, insensitive remarks from the neighbour.

Poor Joan as well, I'm sure she'll be suffering from the major "what ifs" and needs support as much as anyobody.

On no :cry: That is just so awful for words :(
The fact the bunnies were killed is bad enough, but for the dog owner to be so blaise about it, it utterly appalling.
Lynda (and Jim) I know how much you love all your bunnies, and you still retain such a special attachment when they are rehomed...I send you great big comforting hugs, and please pass our sympathy and love on to Joan.
Joan had the shock of finding the bunnies too, so she must be devastated.

Thinking of you all, please give all the CARROT bunnies a snuggle from me.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh Lynda :cry: I am so sorry to hear this sad news :cry:

How can the people who are looking after the dog be so cruel? :cry:

~Binky free little Angel~

Big hugs to you Lynda and Jim xx

That is appalling, do people really disrespect a life that much. I would have gone mad at them. I am really sorry for your sad loss. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

absolutely awful! I can not believe this it is my worst nightmare! If you can not control a dog you shoud not be the owner of 1! :evil:

stupid stupid people! and for them not to even care! :evil:

poor little angel you must feel so upset Lynda to be happy that she found a home and for this to happen, my thoughts are with you and sweet dreams Angel xxx :cry: :cry:

Back