• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet/Parlour which can help detangle matted bunny in E Lon???

bunnyhop

New Kit
Hi
My Angora has suddenly become really matted at the base of his fur. I have given him a haircut, but he is still a bit of a state. His coat was lovely up until last week, and normally I keep on top of it and in good condition, but the way it is at the moment, I am a little scared to cut so close to the skin.
Does anyone know or can recommend a good vet or parlour in the East London area which can handle this kind of fur trimming.

Any other advice would be recommeneded.
:?

why dont you ring around a few vets and see who would be able to do this for you. i know some pets at home have grooming parlours, i dont know if that is only for dogs though.

sophie

Re: Vet/Parlour which can help detangle matted bunny in E Lo

bunnyhop said:
Hi
My Angora has suddenly become really matted at the base of his fur. I have given him a haircut, but he is still a bit of a state. His coat was lovely up until last week, and normally I keep on top of it and in good condition, but the way it is at the moment, I am a little scared to cut so close to the skin.
Does anyone know or can recommend a good vet or parlour in the East London area which can handle this kind of fur trimming.

Any other advice would be recommeneded.
:?

what part of east london are you?

One tip for doing it yourself - use a comb between the matted fur and his skin, like hairdressers hold the hair that they're cutting, that way you can't cut low enough to get bun. You might need someone to hold him while you're doing this though, unless he sits really still.

Hi
I live in E16 in in Docklands. There is a Grroming Parlour at our Pets at Home in becton but wondered if anyone had been.

I have booked him in with the nurse at my usual vets today. We will go from there. She may be able to do it, or he may have to see the vet and possibly be sedated depending on what they have to do, but he is a pretty chilled bunny so hope he keeps still.

I have done as much as I can myself, but it is matted just so close to the skin, it is really frihtening me, so think I should leave this one to the experts. Normally any knots are away from the skin and are easy to deal with using my normal comb and scissor technique, but this is quite extreme and has happened so fast. I am wondering if he has a skin condition - guess we will find out later.

Thanks for your help.
:)

Back