• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Dearest Darling Jemima-Belle

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Firstly, let me apologise as I have not been able to post due to the anguish that we have been feeling :cry: :cry:

Jemima-Belle – known to us as Mima – passed to the Rainbow Bridge on Wednesday 13th July 2005 at just after 10.50am. To say that she took our hearts with her would be an understatement – we where truly devoted to our big beautiful girl.

Jemima came to us on 8th December 2002 and as soon as we saw her we burst out laughing – she was in a carrier and while still outside the carrier was opened and a huge pair of ears popped out – I screamed with delight and then laughed and laughed – it was instant love and we both knew that we would have lots of fun and laughter with this beautiful girl who was all ears and legs.

Mima settled in really well and she had us in fits with the antics that she would get up to – she bonded with Little Jack who was about the size of a Polish – it was such a funny sight to see but they where devoted to one another and their love knew no bounds. We lost our lovely Little Jack and Jemima was distraught – she then made friends with Henry but he unfortunately developed terrible kidney problems and we lost him too. Poor Mima was lost again so we took her downstairs and she bonded with Poppit who had recently been bereaved of his wonderful Fern.

Poppit and Mima had a feisty relationship but they did love one another and even though Poppit was only a little lop he was the boss. Mima thought the world of him and followed him everywhere – they where so good for one another. When we lost our Poppit it was so very sad but Mima would not take to another partner – she refused point blank.

Mima was such a big girl, she was too big as she got to 2 stone and we had to put her on a diet. Her front legs where splayed and she also had trouble with her back ones every now and then. Mima took over everything – well, who was going to argue with a bunny that big? She used to jump on the bed and one night she did so and landed on Daddy’s bits – he walked like John Wayne for nearly a week! Mima also used to jump up on the sofa and she stretched the whole length of it – hard luck if we wanted to sit down!

Everyone the came to see us would take one look at Mima and say “Flipping heck – look at the size of her” - yet after giving you strokes and cuddles they would see what we saw – a great big softie who just wanted to snuggle and kiss you. Such a wonderful loving bunny – such an amazing size with a heart as big as her – such a gentle giant and an utter darling. Mima, we where so very proud of you – we used to love people coming and seeing you – we used to love their reactions and then see them go to mush as they patted and stroked you. No matter how many times we saw this our hearts used to swell with pride as we knew that you where so very special to us and to anyone who met you.

A few weeks ago you became ill and didn’t really want to eat – you had x-rays done and it was found that you had really bad back legs – you went onto painkiller with a view to going onto cartrophen for your arthritis. You still couldn’t eat so in you went again for a dental – we hoped that this would solve the problem and that you would eat and be yourself again. It was not to be – we found that you had chronic liver failure and your kidneys where not functioning properly – it was not a disease or anything that could be treated and we knew that you where going to leave us. You became very weak and you let us know it was time. I sobbed with you for the longest time and told you that no matter where you where, mummy and daddy would always, always be with you. I told you to find Little Jack and your eyes lit up – you knew that your time was getting nearer to being with him again and that made you happy. I asked you if you wanted to go and the only way I knew that you could tell me for sure was if you tooth purred – you hadn’t had the energy to tooth purr for a day or two but when I asked you that question you tooth purred for such a long time. When Mima tooth purred it was like hearing a pneumatic drill going off! I held you and kissed you and told you how much you meant to both Daddy and I – then you looked at me and kissed my nose – I sobbed so much but I knew that I was only prolonging the inevitable – I had to let you go.

Daddy took you to the vet for a check up and to make sure that we where doing what was right – to have kept you for another day would have been cruel, we already knew that, but we wanted to make sure. Sally said that it was time and that you where very weak. Daddy held you while Sally helped you and he said that it was so very quick and so very peaceful that it showed that was what you wanted.

We are beside ourselves with grief and yet we know that you would not want that – it’s just that we can’t help it darling – you meant the world to us. We know that you will be with all your friends now and that you and Little Jack will be together for all eternity. It won’t be long in your eyes until we are all together again baby girl – it’s us that suffer and wish our lives away.

We know without a doubt that you loved us totally and you know that we love you the same way. You gave us so much pleasure, enjoyment, fun, laughter and love that our memories of you will always be fun ones – you where our ray of sunshine and you leave us smiling at your memories.

Run free in the eternal sunshine now baby girl, eat lots of lush grass and binky till your heart is content. You have no bad legs now, no sore bits in your tummy – no pain or sorrow can ever touch you again – you are whole and healthy and loved by all those with you. Snuggle up to Little Jack and kiss him for us – he was a very special and well loved bunny and not a day goes by when we don’t think of him. Tell the Hairy Mob that we love them all and that we will never, ever stop loving them.

Thank you Mima – for being our girl, for giving us such love and laughter and for being just who you where – Jemima-Belle Evans – we will always be so very proud of you. We love you darling, we always will and we know deep in our hearts that you love us too – our darling Mima – our lovely Donkey, our wonderful Goat. We love you baby – remember that – xxxxxxxxxxx

All our love forever and eternally – your Mummy, Daddy and all your brothers and sisters of the Hairy Mob

Jemima21732.jpg

[/img]
jemimaandlittlejack211305.jpg

jemimaandpoppit17050307.jpg
[/img]

So very sad. My heart goes out to you Jay and John, what a difficult time for you. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now.
Feel assured that she had a wonderful life, as do all of the very lucky bunnies who find a loving home with you.
Run free Jemima-Belle, give Flopsy and Patch a loving lick for me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh my goodness Jay , I am deeply sorry to hear that Jemima has passed away, what beautiful bunny :cry: :cry:
I am not surprised you are feeling so heartbroken, nothing I can say will change that :? but we are all here for you, and share one anothers pain, joy and downright heartache at times...this is one of those moments.
I often forget people :oops: but not bunnies, and I thank you for sharing those beautiful photos of Jemima as I will now always remember her too...we send you all our love and hugs, you take care,

Adele, David and bunnies
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mima

OMG I am so very very sad for you, the love you had for mima & the love she had for you just shone through...remember that it is only in body that she has passed over into spirit, that spirit will go on for ever & will stay with you, she will come back to see you I am sure of that. god bless darling girl rest in peace eternal sunshine & green lush fields.

so sorry Jay and John, Jemima was a truely stunning lady. My thoughts and heart are very much with you at such a sad time :(

run free Jemima bun xxx

what a lovely, moving tribute to a stunning bunny Jay and John... she had the best possible time with you................

:cry: Thinking of you Jay and John, big hoomungous Scottish hugs xxx

~ Binky free beautiful Mima, take our love to all the spirit buns ~

omg i have been dreeding this but when you did not answer my post i assumed no news was good news, oh dear i am lost for words as i cant stop the tears, mima was so beautiful and reminds me so much of hermie!

i cant begin to understand what you must be going through as i feel greif for you but that can not compair to what you's must be feeling.

sleep tight darling jemima we will miss you always!

Auntie Eve x

:cry: I am so, so sorry for you... she sounded like such a special girl to you, and she will always be remembered. My deepest sympathies to you, and my best wishes to Jemima and all the Hairy Mob.

AMETHYST

i am so so sorry to hear about jemima . I lost cheekybun on friday - the pain is raw and I know how you will be feeling . jemima and cheekbun will be together now , getting up to no good probably - my heart breaks for you tho , i wish i could build a stairway to heaven and bring them both back for us .xx

Myself and the Buns are sending all the love we can muster to you all at this sad time XXXx Much love and hugs to Jay, John and the Hairy mob XXXX

So sorry to hear that Jemima-Belle has gone. I can see from your tribute just how loved she was, and she was the luckiest bun in the world to find a mummy and daddy like you two.

Binky free Jemima-Belle x

so sorry to hear about Mima but oh wow was she a big girl! Look at the size of her compared to the bunz she is photographed next to she must have been such a softie :love:

I am so sorry to hear about Jemima, but at least she is pain free and not suffering anymore. My heart goes out to you both
Take care & loads of love and hugs
Kayxx

Back