• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

for cheeky

gina paul

Mama Doe
I got you when you were 6 weeks old just after I lost chico bunny .
You helped fill the gap and made the pain easier .
The day I brought you home we all had a giggle at you as you sat in the livingrooming "scaning" , it took you a few days to settle but you soon became part of the family .
You made me laugh when you went to jump on the back of the sofa bed and jumped right over it and landed in a heap behind it - totally misjudged . you just sat there looking confused .
You were always binkying like crazy , runing into walls , furniture - the dog and you even tried to mate with toby once - he was not impressed .
When you were about 6 months old you developed probs with sneezing , at first we thought it was just a cold but after a few weeks we realised all wasn,t well / you had pasturella (although even now the vet wasn,t convinced) . You had to have your first dental at 8 months and then twice a year after that - gradually loosing more teeth along the way but still you bounced back each time , all the while as well , this breathing prob plagued you from time to time and the runny eyes but again you fought it all of with your determination and strength . You also took sore hocks and had to have your back legs banaged up by the vet . The look on your face when we brought you out the surgery , one pink bandage , one green . (the vet had a warped sense of humour) , you walked aroung the vets as if you were on high heels and as you kicked your legsout from side to side - all we could do was collapse in fits of giggles . When we brought you home you sat in the hall and faced the corner (in the huff) , you were not impressed . Over the years came more dentals , more sneezing , more runny eyes and realy everything that life had to throw at you . You shook it all off and recovered tho .
You always had a green nose due to your strange liking for mushy peas , you wuld fight me to the end if I dared to eat a packet of cheezy wotsits and not give you one , only 2 weeks ago you pinched my toast and took off with it - there were so many lows but much more highs .
When you were 6 months old I moved your bed into my room (when you were first ill) , when i tried to put you back into your own room you stamped all night and in the end I had to give in and you were beside my bed ever since .
In march you really took a bad turn , you were admitted and the vet did not think you would make it - you did and came home as loving as you always were , then a few weeks later you had a relapse but again you fought it off , only to have to get a dental done in april . Again the vet did not think you would make it but you did and amazed them all (again) but in june we had to get another dental done again . This time you got a tooth out and you had all the staff laughing when you starting shredding the paper in the cage and throwing it at them . You really picked up again but then in the last week I could no longer see the sparkle in your eyes . you stopped eating again so the vet bured down your front teeth on thursday . You ate a little - and still managed a few choccy drops . When I went to work yesterday you were sitting in your wee tent on your blanky - i thought you were ok but when i returned home you had not moved . thats when I knew . The vet said that you could have gone on for a little longer on yet more medication but you have been through so much baby - i told you i loved you a hundred times , you were licking my face , i thought my heart would break , you were cheeky to the end as well as you nudged the vets stethescope off the table . The nurse who loved you so much was theer and you knew her very well . As they could not find a vein in your ear they had to put you in a wee chamber and you would just drift away . shirley the nurse stayed with you and promised to stay with you to the end . baby - i wish i was there but you would have felt my love darling , you will always be with me , i will always be you mummy , you will always be my baby chekybun . I feel so guilty that you will think i didn,t love you anymore but that could not be further from the truth , i sit here today counting the hours since you left - wondering how i can live without you , expecting you to come through the livingroom door at any minute .
We will be together again one day baby and for me it will be a lifetime but for you it will be the blink of an eye . You can see me anytime darling , please watch over me and know that we will be together again one day .
I love you - my life seems empty now but more enriched for having you in my life . I will never forget you , I cannot put into words what you meant to me .
sleep peacefuly my darling cheekybun - no more pain - no more fighting - eternal peace to you . xxxxx

mum .

Awww that was lovely xxx
Cheeky is free of pain now and will be binking with all the other bridge bunnys,william will take care of him xx

cheeky

AAAHHHH gina...I have tears streaming down my face from reading this...so sad & yet happy from the wonderful memories that you have...they will never leave you & its only his body that has gone, his little fighting spirit will stay with you always...he is only a heartbeat away...stay strong lots of love from shan.

aawww Gina.. what a lovely tribute... you know have me crying too :cry: :cry: Take care Gina.. and Binky free forever Cheeky!

Oh Gina, that was lovely. I didn't realise Cheeky had gone to the Bridge, I'm so very sorry, he was such a brave and inspirational bunny. I hope you have so many happy memories of him.

Nicola

:cry: :cry: :cry: Oh Gina thats a lovely tribute to your special boy.

You know one of the lasting memories I'll have of this boy is when you remember when he was really ill not so long back and we all did our bunnies and posted on the Forum with green noses to send vibes to him - just goes to show how strong bunny power can be eh.

I'm sure his spirit will always surround you Gina you had such a special bond with this wee boy.

:cry: What a lovely tribute to Cheeky. He couldn't have wished for a better mummy, because nobody could have loved him more.

I have only just joined, but could sense the sadness in all your posts Gina, so I searched back and have read all about little Cheeky's troubles.

It is so heartbreaking, I cannot bear to imagine. I can only send you love and bunny snuggles from Bunny and Flossie, and hope that time will ease your pain.

I was up all night after Bunny had his castration because I couldn't get him to eat, I was so worried, so I can only multiply that to understand how hard it must have been for you.

I do hope that in time you will find another bunny to lavish all that attention and care on.

bless you and Cheeky in his rest

Back