• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Store Owners Make Me So Mad

Yesterday I went into a petstore to kill some time. Ofcourse I wanted to see some cute bunny faces so I walked back to where they had bunnies for sale. I was mortified. They had 2 nethies and 3 holland lops all in one tiny cage. They had no hay, dirty water, and nearly empty pellet bowls. The worst part of it was the nethies couldn't have been 4 weeks (maybe 5 weeks at best), and the lops weren't more than 6 weeks. I talked to one of the store clerks but she wasn't helpful at all. I kept asking questions to see if she (or the owner) new what they were doing. If I wasn't a teen living with my parents I would have taken the lot of them home!

I did my best and asked the clerk to give them clean water and new hay but I doubt they actually did it. She said she needed the owners permission to do anything to their cages.

People make me so Mad! :evil:

oh them poor bunnies :(
i visited a pet shop the other week and was really pleased with the advice given and the fact all the bunnies cages were clean and all had fresh water.and plenty of food too,

Five letters for you:

RSPCA

Report the pet shop - if they think the animals are in unsuitable conditions they can give them a warning. That might just give the pet shop owners a kick up the bum if they think some authority is "onto them".

AMETHYST

It seems like over here in the US the Chain petstores are starting to take better care of their animals while privately owned stores are starting to pay less attention to the animals.

Aspen'n'company said:
It seems like over here in the US the Chain petstores are starting to take better care of their animals while privately owned stores are starting to pay less attention to the animals.

Ah, you're in the US - sorry then, the RSPCA won't be all that much good to you! Is there a similar animal welfare charity who can take action?

AMETHYST

Here in the U.S there is nothing you can really do about a small petstore situation, especially in a smaller city. It makes me so angry :evil:

Back