• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Bedding

Krinnie

Young Bun
Well the same person that reccomended I buy a crate rather than a big huge Marchio cage I was looking at, I was reccomended vet bedding for the wee- ones. The only company I could find that would ship it to the U.S. (as I simply can't find it in the U.S.) was going to charge me twice the price of a medium sized roll ($22 US) so with shipping it would total out at $77 US and at first I was ok with this but the order was recieved a week ago and hasn't yet been looked at for shipment...so I requested to have the order cancelled.

I know this website is in the based in the U.K. and most members are in the U.K. but does anyone know where I could find a roll of vet bedding that wouldn't cost me a fortune? I don't understand why it's so hard to find here.

hi

I don't use vetbed - I use a lookilike for half the price, which is sold in petstores for dogs beds - I'm sure they must have some similar fleecy product in the U.S. - it has a stiff backing like vetbed, and this is what makes it good for staying dry on top if there is a puddle of wee underneath - but watch they don't chew it as mine did - but they love sitting on it mostly so I let them keep it - If you wash it after they've had a chew they tend to forget what they were doing with it and go back to using it for a bed.

Thank you for the quick responses! I've written an e-mail to the manufacturer and plan on calling the other company tomorrow. This has been a great place to start, I just hope my other order is cancelled with no problems. I have a hefty list of things to buy for the Chin, Hams, and Bunnies and it'd be nice to have the spare money to get started on it.

Re: hi

elve said:
I don't use vetbed - I use a lookilike for half the price, which is sold in petstores for dogs beds - I'm sure they must have some similar fleecy product in the U.S. - it has a stiff backing like vetbed, and this is what makes it good for staying dry on top if there is a puddle of wee underneath - but watch they don't chew it as mine did - but they love sitting on it mostly so I let them keep it - If you wash it after they've had a chew they tend to forget what they were doing with it and go back to using it for a bed.

I've looked at Petco and Petsmart because that's all we really have aside from a few feed stores in the area....No luck, I was thinking of calling one of our vets and seeing if they used it and if I could order a new roll through them, but I'm worried even that would be a fortune what with the cost of vet visits and medication through them.

Now that I think of it my second best bet locally is a pet boutique shop, I might be able to get the manager to find me some kind of catalogue and order some. They're pretty reasonable and I'm sure if reccomended it would be a handy item for them to carry.

I'll look at the other two companies first, thanks for the advice with the nibbling, my buns don't seem to be chewers yet, but the grown one just loves nibbles.

Back