• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pet Insurance - Petplan

Lanny

Warren Scout
Thought everyone might find this useful!

Have just spoken to Petplan about insurance for our two buns, I was really cheeky and asked if there could be any discounts applied to the premiums (which were already reasonable at £7.80/month per rabbit) and managed to get the premium down to £6.90/month

So if you are thinking about getting it or renewing then ask for discounts we had a discount cos they are both under 2yrs and a discount cos we got them from the Blue Cross and I persuaded her to give me a month free!!!!

Ooh that would be useful! I might ask if they do a discount because I have four bunnies! :)

AMETHYST

They should do, they gave me a discount for 3 without me asking! Wonder if they'll give me extra for one more!!! :roll:

Yep they are really good, I got a discount too (well two actually as Princess came from the Blue Cross and I work for the Blue Cross!!) So he discounted it once and then again, and then got more off as I paid the whole year up front - bargain! It was £60 for the year!

Which Blue Cross did you get your bunnies from Lanny? Anybody who got an animal from the Blue Cross and then takes out the Petplan insurance helps the Blue Cross as they then give us a donation, and every year that it is renewed we get a donation too, it all helps :D

We have recently started to give 6 weeks free insurance with Pet Plan when an animal is adopted from us. We don't get anything back from them if the insurance is renewed though. Maybe the Blue Cross do because they home more animals than us.

We got the buns from The Burford Blue Cross - They were excellent, although I though the lady would did the home visit came across as not a real rabbit lover, more of a dog person I think!

when I renewed the petplan after 6 weeks free (from bobtails) I got a quote and said I would shop around cos i thought it was expensive (basically £20 a month for 2 buns) and he gave me another month for free for both rabbits and cos i paid in one go also got a discount for that...ended up £180 for 2 buns for a year.

ooooh I will try asking for a discount for paying up front am ringing them now - thanks peeps

Glad they were good Lanny :) When did you get them? I don't think everybody is a rabbit person, lots of doggy people out there!! I'm rabbit person along with another colleague at my Blue Cross, I love homing them and caring for them while they are with us!

Donna, perhaps you should see whether the donations are for bigger charities or whether you can get it too? I don't know the details, just know we get a donation. The dog rescue I used to work at got a donation too from renewals.

Nicola

I got mine through my vets and i got 2 months free because they had an offer on. I would check your vets cos they might have the same offer x :D

Back