• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Velvet and jack are being neutered- update there ok!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I took Jack and velvet to the vets tonight to get velvet checked over as her behaviour has been unusual for the last few days and i took jack to get him booked in for his neuter. Well the vet was a little concerned about velvet she was very streesed by the car journey and when i explained how she had been over the last few days he said it would be better to have her spayed ASAP as he suspects something more sinister than just hormones. So they are saying her first thing tommorow and jack to.

Because Velvet was so stressed by the car journey and i wont be available all day tommorow (work) they said they would keep her overnight as the car journey home and back may of made her worse and her heart rate was very high when we got to the vets. So jack has stayed to to save him 2 futher car journeys in this heat.

I know jack will pull through as he wasn't fased at all by anything but i am very worried about velvet. As the vet said it may just turn out that she is just extremly hormonal and then the heat will be getting to her aswell but to be on the safe side they are going to spay her.

I am so very worried about my little velvet that i can not sleep. My mum will be picking them both up tommorow afternoon and the vet is going to ring her as soon as it is all over but i can't even phone my mum until after 3 to find out if there both ok and i wont see them until i get home about 6ish.

oooh im so worried! i will let you all know how they both are when i get to speak to my mum. but for now i need to calm down and Velvet and Jack need lots of healing vibes XXXXXX

Thanks Guys XX

Get your mum to give the school a coded message to give to you... e.g. Jack will pick you up after school means everything is okay ;)

Tam

Aww thanks tamsin i would do that but everyone is going to be at the church for the graduation so she wont be able to get hold of me :( i will just have to wait it out until i can phone her. Honestly see these rabbits they don't half get me all worried! no wonder i have big black bags under my eyes!

OMG i have been panicing all night and most of the morning so far! I wanted to speak to the vet this morning to see if they were ok and i couldn't get hold of them!! :(

But i got hold of them at 9.25 Phew and the buns were ok! Velvet has calmed down a bit so she should be ok!

My other worry is that Velvet and pan will have been separated for 24 hrs by the time velvet gets home and because Pan has been attacking her the last few days im reluctant to bring pan in to be with velvet? what should i do?

Hi Phill, my fingers and toes are crossed for you, I hope Velvet is ok and I would try and introduce them gradually again if I was you. As regards Jack not being phased doesn't surprise me in the least as he just seems to take everything in his stride. Give them both my love and don't worry Velvet will be ok.
Love Kay

awww poor you worrying! Try not to worry too much, the heat is probs making her worse, I am sure they will be fine :)

xx

arh poor you phil you lot have been through the wars lately havent you!
i am sure everything will go smoothly, good luck girls and keep us informed

take care

Eve x

aaaawwww, dont worry yourself Eve, everything will be cool 8) ..please tell us how the bunnies are when you speak to the vet later.

Big hugs coming your way..thinking of you and your little darlings
Love Adele XX

Adele said:
aaaawwww, dont worry yourself Eve, everything will be cool 8) ..please tell us how the bunnies are when you speak to the vet later.

Love Adele XX

think you mean phil adele :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Eve x

bunnylove said:
Adele said:

Love Adele XX

think you mean phil adele :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Eve x

Its me that should be :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry Phill, I seem to have given you an impromptu name change!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phill suits you just fine, so dont go changing for me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
XXX

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, i spoke to my mum about 5 mins ago for a quick report both of the buns are fine and they are just waking up from there aneasthtic (sp) they are just trying to get them to eat. I don't have a full report on Velvet yet but i will find out when i get home. My mum is picking them up at 2pm. I'm just glad it's all over XXX

Glad everything seems to have gone ok, Jack won't know whats hit him when he is put with the girls :lol: :lol: He'll think he has died and gone to heaven. Hope everything is ok with Velvet. Let us know as soon as you find out
Love Kay xx

I hope everything is ok with velvet Phil, Try not to worry, the worst bit is over now,Petey was very stressed on monday when he went in for his op, the vet commented on it when he gave him his pre op check but he was fine and the vet was even surprised at how fast he came round after and how awake he was, but then Petey is always like that, I dont think ive ever caught him in a deep sleep, the minute he hears me coming upstairs hes there bouncing around :lol:

Healing vibes winging there way to your brave little buns xxxx

I have just spoekn to my mum!!! And Velvet and jack are home! Yay!!!

Velvet is fine and my mum says she's quite perky but she hasn't eaten anything on her own yet. And Jack is in a huge sulk and wont come out of his carrier!!!

Back