PDA

View Full Version : Velvet and jack are being neutered- update there ok!

Phill
12-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I took Jack and velvet to the vets tonight to get velvet checked over as her behaviour has been unusual for the last few days and i took jack to get him booked in for his neuter. Well the vet was a little concerned about velvet she was very streesed by the car journey and when i explained how she had been over the last few days he said it would be better to have her spayed ASAP as he suspects something more sinister than just hormones. So they are saying her first thing tommorow and jack to.

Because Velvet was so stressed by the car journey and i wont be available all day tommorow (work) they said they would keep her overnight as the car journey home and back may of made her worse and her heart rate was very high when we got to the vets. So jack has stayed to to save him 2 futher car journeys in this heat.

I know jack will pull through as he wasn't fased at all by anything but i am very worried about velvet. As the vet said it may just turn out that she is just extremly hormonal and then the heat will be getting to her aswell but to be on the safe side they are going to spay her.

I am so very worried about my little velvet that i can not sleep. My mum will be picking them both up tommorow afternoon and the vet is going to ring her as soon as it is all over but i can't even phone my mum until after 3 to find out if there both ok and i wont see them until i get home about 6ish.

oooh im so worried! i will let you all know how they both are when i get to speak to my mum. but for now i need to calm down and Velvet and Jack need lots of healing vibes XXXXXX

Thanks Guys XX

Tamsin
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Get your mum to give the school a coded message to give to you... e.g. Jack will pick you up after school means everything is okay ;)

Tam

Phill
12-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Aww thanks tamsin i would do that but everyone is going to be at the church for the graduation so she wont be able to get hold of me :( i will just have to wait it out until i can phone her. Honestly see these rabbits they don't half get me all worried! no wonder i have big black bags under my eyes!

Phill
13-07-2005, 09:28 AM
OMG i have been panicing all night and most of the morning so far! I wanted to speak to the vet this morning to see if they were ok and i couldn't get hold of them!! :(

But i got hold of them at 9.25 Phew and the buns were ok! Velvet has calmed down a bit so she should be ok!

Phill
13-07-2005, 09:44 AM
My other worry is that Velvet and pan will have been separated for 24 hrs by the time velvet gets home and because Pan has been attacking her the last few days im reluctant to bring pan in to be with velvet? what should i do?

kayj
13-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi Phill, my fingers and toes are crossed for you, I hope Velvet is ok and I would try and introduce them gradually again if I was you. As regards Jack not being phased doesn't surprise me in the least as he just seems to take everything in his stride. Give them both my love and don't worry Velvet will be ok.
Love Kay

Phill
13-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks Kay Xx I will give them all a cussle from you when i get in XX

cazza269
13-07-2005, 09:59 AM
awww poor you worrying! Try not to worry too much, the heat is probs making her worse, I am sure they will be fine :)

xx

bunnylove
13-07-2005, 10:57 AM
arh poor you phil you lot have been through the wars lately havent you!
i am sure everything will go smoothly, good luck girls and keep us informed

take care

Eve x

Adele
13-07-2005, 11:00 AM
aaaawwww, dont worry yourself Eve, everything will be cool 8) ..please tell us how the bunnies are when you speak to the vet later.

Big hugs coming your way..thinking of you and your little darlings
Love Adele XX

bunnylove
13-07-2005, 11:21 AM
aaaawwww, dont worry yourself Eve, everything will be cool 8) ..please tell us how the bunnies are when you speak to the vet later.

Love Adele XX

think you mean phil adele :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Eve x

Adele
13-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Love Adele XX

think you mean phil adele :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Eve x

Its me that should be :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry Phill, I seem to have given you an impromptu name change!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phill suits you just fine, so dont go changing for me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
XXX

Phill
13-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, i spoke to my mum about 5 mins ago for a quick report both of the buns are fine and they are just waking up from there aneasthtic (sp) they are just trying to get them to eat. I don't have a full report on Velvet yet but i will find out when i get home. My mum is picking them up at 2pm. I'm just glad it's all over XXX

ClaireMorris
13-07-2005, 01:12 PM
i hope the buns are doing ok :)

Phill
13-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks Claire XX

kayj
13-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Glad everything seems to have gone ok, Jack won't know whats hit him when he is put with the girls :lol: :lol: He'll think he has died and gone to heaven. Hope everything is ok with Velvet. Let us know as soon as you find out
Love Kay xx

Phill
13-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I will do kay XX

Debs2811
13-07-2005, 02:36 PM
I hope everything is ok with velvet Phil, Try not to worry, the worst bit is over now,Petey was very stressed on monday when he went in for his op, the vet commented on it when he gave him his pre op check but he was fine and the vet was even surprised at how fast he came round after and how awake he was, but then Petey is always like that, I dont think ive ever caught him in a deep sleep, the minute he hears me coming upstairs hes there bouncing around :lol:

Healing vibes winging there way to your brave little buns xxxx

Phill
13-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Aww thanks debs, i think i just over worry XXX

Phill
13-07-2005, 03:47 PM
I have just spoekn to my mum!!! And Velvet and jack are home! Yay!!!

Velvet is fine and my mum says she's quite perky but she hasn't eaten anything on her own yet. And Jack is in a huge sulk and wont come out of his carrier!!!

cazza269
13-07-2005, 05:33 PM
And Jack is in a huge sulk and wont come out of his carrier!!!

:roll: typical man!! big fuss over nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad they are both ok :D

Joob-joobs
13-07-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm really glad your bunnies are ok! :D

kayj
13-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Glad everthing is ok and tell Jack if he doesn't come out of his carrier then he won't ever get to meet the girlies. Give him a cuddle from me and I am so glad that everything was straight forward for Velvet.
Love Kay xx

Phill
13-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Well i have managed to get some SR down velvet and jack. Velvet quite liked it but jack did not and he now has a green chin! :lol: jack finally came out of his carrier aand is running around so he's fine, Velvet is alert but she's not moving much, but thats to be expected. So all is well and im so releived! Thanks guys so much for all the support! XXXXX

ClaireMorris
14-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Glad the buns are ok :D

kayj
14-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi Phill, Glad everything is ok with the buns. You could try Jack with a rich tea biscuit as he likes them.

Phill
14-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Ha Ha i will give my mum a ring and tell her! we ran out of rich teas yesterday so my mum wne tout and bought i big packet of them last night!

kayj
14-07-2005, 10:23 AM
I should hope so to as Agido will be thumbing a lift back to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phill
14-07-2005, 10:40 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: