• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beautiful Loppy eared bunny needs a new home.

Cavyslave

Alpha Buck
After a lot of soul searching i have decided to look for a new home for a bunny that came to live with me three weeks ago along with a guinea pig. They both came from a young lady who due to circumstances could no longer keep them as she was leaving the county.

I was going to keep her but after a good long think about it I now realise that I cannot devote the time and attention or give her the space she needs. I am very sad to be doing this but in my heart of hearts I know its the right thing to do.

My passion ultimately is with guinea pigs, and I have many rescue ones of my own, plus any emergencies that come in. They take a lot of my time.

I had to take her in originally as the previous owner had run out of time.

So in her best interest I would like to try and find her a new home with experienced bunny people where she may eventually be bonded to another rabbit. If she stays with me I cannot do that for her.

Here are her details.

Physical Description: Mediun sized lop eared rabbit
Temperament : not used to be handled much
Sex : female
Neuter Status: unknow but probably not as she wasnt even vaccinated.
Vaccination Status : just been done
Health : seems in good health,
Type of home wanted : experienced bunny home with lots of space.
Reason for rehoming : a suitable home with experience rabbit people who one day may bond her to another rabbit.

DSCF0853.jpg

If anyone is interested or would like further information please dont hestitate to ask. Thank you.

oh she is lovely! if you can hold her until xmas (thats when i will be in shropshire next) i will have her! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously hope you find someone for her soon she is stunning, have u puit her up on the RR!? some people view that but dont come on the forum!

good luck

Eve x

Hi Birdiebun

I live in Telford, just off junction 6 of M54.

Not that far from Kingswinford. I am from the West Mids originally, moved over here 2 years ago.

If you are interested or want to have a chat, pm me your tel number and will give you a bell. :D

Cavyslave said:
After a lot of soul searching i have decided to look for a new home for a bunny that came to live with me three weeks ago along with a guinea pig. They both came from a young lady who due to circumstances could no longer keep them as she was leaving the county.

I was going to keep her but after a good long think about it I now realise that I cannot devote the time and attention or give her the space she needs. I am very sad to be doing this but in my heart of hearts I know its the right thing to do.

My passion ultimately is with guinea pigs, and I have many rescue ones of my own, plus any emergencies that come in. They take a lot of my time.

I had to take her in originally as the previous owner had run out of time.

So in her best interest I would like to try and find her a new home with experienced bunny people where she may eventually be bonded to another rabbit. If she stays with me I cannot do that for her.

Here are her details.

Physical Description: Mediun sized lop eared rabbit
Temperament : not used to be handled much
Sex : female
Neuter Status: unknow but probably not as she wasnt even vaccinated.
Vaccination Status : just been done
Health : seems in good health,
Type of home wanted : experienced bunny home with lots of space.
Reason for rehoming : a suitable home with experience rabbit people who one day may bond her to another rabbit.

DSCF0853.jpg

If anyone is interested or would like further information please dont hestitate to ask. Thank you.

awww she would be perfect to pair up with millie- sadly no transport, how far away are you from reading (miles?)

Birdiebun, i dont know if she has been spayed, but as she wasnt even vaccinated I doubt it. I had just had her jabs done, and have discussed with the vet about getting her spayed. But as I am away for a few days, decided to leave off any decision until after I am back.

Whiterabbit...... Oooh you are a fair distance from where I live, hubbys says about 2 hours drive.

oooh ok well i would have her is she was speyed but not if she wasnt as I am looking at rehoming a male that isnt neutered you see! I do adore her a lot!

Hello,

I think she might be just what we are looking for.

We have a year-old neutered male lop who is looking for a friend for life. Sorry we have no photo of him, but he looks just like a black with brown tips version of your female. He currently lives in solitary splendour in a double hutch with a large run and has the exclusive use of our back garden for several hours each day. We are very experienced with rabbits (over 10 years with different sizes, breeds and temperaments!) and would love to offer your female a home with us, although we would really prefer her to be spayed if possible before we introduce her to our male.

We live quite far from you (Cambridgeshire) but perhaps we could meet half way?

Do let me know what you think.

Awww well good lukc this was the problem I had though with this girlie as I know the male I am rehoming is not neutered so I couldn't let her come to me unspeyed, anyway good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx She is lovely isn't she!

Hi Lynnf & birdiebun

I am away for a few days from tomorrow, back early next week.

I will make a decision while I am away about whether to get the bunny spayed or not.

I do have a lot of costs right now as I also have 2 male guinea pigs to be neutered before they can be rehomed. All this comes out of my own pocket and is never reimbursed and we all know these things arent cheap.

I have never had a female spayed so its a bit scary the thought of putting her thorugh it. The op never seems so bad for males! :?

I have no idea about how she would react to another bunny :shock:, bunny bonding is a completely new thing for me altogether. I wouldnt mind travelling with her to find the right home, but the worry is what if it doesnt work ??? I gather bunnies are much more harder to bond ?? unless I am mistaken on this ???

As said i will have a think and decide regard her being spayed when I come back from holiday, the poor girl has been through a lot in a few weeks anyway with new home, jabs etc, shes still adjusting I am sure.

aww okay well thanks for that, well as I said I am sure if you get her speyed whoever homes her will pay the cost. if you can let me know asap what your plans are as next weekend I go to get Stanley and if things don't work out with your bunny I will be getting him a girlfriend from that sanctuary. so if you can make a decision before next Saturday that would be great xxxx have a nice holiday xx

Shes been rehomed.

Hi everyone

Can I just update, and perhaps then this thread can be closed ?? not sure if you do that on this forum.

Bunny has been successfully bonded to a neutered male rabbit and they are very much in love, so she is now in her new home.

Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest in her it is very much appreciated.

All the best and again thanks.

:D

Back