• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Continental giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
As u may know im in london im putting this post in incase anyone is interrested.Afriend of mine has a litter of continental giants that are 9wks old. They are ready to go when they are 12wks, the thing is hes asked me to help as one has only half a tail and the other has one ear.They will be coming in to rescue when they are old enough. Is there anyone that would like to home one, there would be a £20 donation required.I feel that it is important to home these two while they are young as they would be better off in a home enviroment.They are in no danger as the breeder wants them to go to good homes they are up for homing because as u can appriciate they are no good for showing. If u are interrested please get in touch with me.They would have to be collected ,or the only other thing i could do is get them to portsmouth nex month as i am showing down there for one day. val :)

*sigh* I wish!

I can vouch for conti's a great breed and usually really friendly (especially the boys).

Just remember bigger rabbits mean bigger cage/hutches and bigger bills so don't take one on if you aren't prepared for it!

Caz

Caz said:
*sigh* I wish!

I can vouch for conti's a great breed and usually really friendly (especially the boys).

Just remember bigger rabbits mean bigger cage/hutches and bigger bills so don't take one on if you aren't prepared for it!

Caz

i totally aggree with everything caz has just said especially the vets bills being biggers!!!!!!! :D

Eve x

Awwww poor bunnies, although sayig that Buster nearly had my finger off the other day so I can see how it's done.

The injuries were caused by the mother when they were born, often it is caused by the mother perhaps being a first timer going to made with cleaning them after birth. This particular rabbit has had one perfect litter before, so why they were munched this time i do not know. val

continentals

Pity they are in London.Im looking for continentals but i live Teesside, Which is 8 hours away and too far for me to travel

I wish no luck at all, never mind something is sure to come up hes not the kind of person to turn them out lol, they stay were they arte till homes can be found.If nothing comes up i shall speak to sue duley who does the rescue giants as she will have more contacts for the bigger rabbits.Thanks for asking. val

Val, I take serious issue with you advertising rabbits in this way on RU - which is, if you remember, affiliated to Rabbit Rehome. It shouldn't be a place that you can advertise deliberately bred stock. What is it to do with rabbit welfare (the name of the topic!) as well?

I've reported this to Tamsin and asked for it to be removed.

I don't see the problem as the rabbits are going to go to a rescue centre according to the initial post, though it should have been posted in the rabbits in need section!

touie said:
I don't see the problem as the rabbits are going to go to a rescue centre according to the initial post, though it should have been posted in the rabbits in need section!

think nix's trying to get a job as a mod! :lol:

Sorry anyone ive offended but as he is a resposable breeder as i said he will keep them if they cannot be rehomed. This sort of thing can happen,to anyone they are now rescue rabbits although still with the owner till i have room. I will take in any rabbit no matter were from or who. The rabbits are in need of a pet home and thats all that matters. If they are past to me it will be up to me to care for them and i dont mind that.They are not going to any other rescue as they have already more than they can handle.If no one wants them they have a home for life with the breeder, i thought it might be a chance for someone that rearly wanted one to get one as they rarly come up for rehoming. Sorry again if anyone was put out by my post im just doing whot i can. val

hi

Sadly rescues have a lot of ex-breeding rabbits or litters deliberately bred but unwanted (like my girls I've just adopted) - If they're in rescue, and the money for a donation is NOT going to the breeder, but instead to the rescue, I can't see a problem...

What I DO have a problem with is the likes of Rexy Bexy showing photos of her latest litter on the photos thread! Is she keeping all these bunnies? If they are for sale isn't her new thread a promotional aid?

Tamsin??

Hiya,

Firstly, myself and Adele have been discussing these issues and we'll get back to PM's shortly.

In the mean time let me clarify our rules on advertising/rabbits needing homes.

1. Neither RU or RR accept adverts for deliberately breed litters. On occations there are situations, such as this, that balence a bit on the line between. Hense we have rule no. 2.

2. All posts for rabbits needing homes should go in the Rabbits In Need section. To make posts in this section you need to contact Adele (or myself) for permission with a copy of your ad. This allows us to check them first and okay them.

3. This forum welcomes both breeders and pet owners and anyone is welcome to share photos of their bunnies. If a thread is obviously advertising then we will edit it to remove those references. As Rexy bexy was brought up specifically let me draw your attention to her post:

Rexy bexy said:
there r 6 all together 4 have now all gone to new homes and iv kept 2 bk for showing

I hope that answers everyone's questions, if not please PM myself or Adele.

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back